Some cool vintage hifi/electronics I saw in Munich last week

beatcomber

AK Member
I was in Munich for eight nights last week - an amazing city, very sophisticated and quite beautiful. Great people there too.

During my wanderings, I saw some really cool vintage hifi and electronics that I thought you all might enjoy seeing.

These were on display at the Pinakothek der Moderne museum:

M3yEKEh.jpg

3oPIxA8.jpg

Sqmoecw.jpg

Z2rEgIo.jpg

Rrp8nHK.jpg

2myQlnJ.jpg

xEIeI0o.jpg

aBAveYW.jpg

xnqOhGr.jpg

NHe3cXV.jpg

zo1w8jr.jpg

spy6tIt.jpg

mgkO94L.jpg

NrDlJi1.jpg

HZYzDVX.jpg

"eight nights last week" Hell of a week. Sorry, couldn't resist. Very cool pics.

Wait. You were here in München for 8 nights last week and didn't stop by for a beer even once? I'm a bit dissapointed.

Did you make it to the Deutsches Museum? Fantastic museum.

Cheers,
James

Some very attractive pieces there.

But that first one is pure uggh, imo...

LOL and I think that first one is just AMAZING! I think I read somewhere that that specific model was David Bowie’s choice for the stereo in his home. Think it has a Dual TT too? Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

Someone had a post asking about the best all in one system. Looks like it might have been there. I love the 1930' Spartan Blue Bird mirrored radio. Thanks for posting.

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Do you know who manufactured this?

zo1w8jr.jpg

-Dave

My guess is Braun.

I assume it was designed as a mate to this mono console, but I'm not 100% certain:

aBAveYW.jpg

LOL and I think that first one is just AMAZING! I think I read somewhere that that specific model was David Bowie’s choice for the stereo in his home. Think it has a Dual TT too? Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

Yes, that is correct, Bowie had one. Dual 1225 in there too.

Back
Top Bottom