Some Great Bossa Nova???

Man, thanks for asking this question!

I got out the Jacintha CD (JVC XRCD very good recording quality) and it sounds just wonderful!!

Hope you give it a try.

I've bookmarked this page and you folks are driving me broke! Some great music here. I never thought I'd actually enjoy elevator music :D

Ha! If this was elevator music, I'd never stop riding!

Great thread Mackat, I'm a lover of Bossa Nova as well, the music hasn't aged and is truly a great part of Latin or Jazz enjoyment. There's just something so right about music which your body has to get up and move to. :banana:

Some Japanese 60's Bossa Nova anyone??

569cd98c0bad11e292a022000a1e8849_6_zps849f10f0.jpg

This is also a great album, sound of ipenema

What a coincidence! I just set up the Denon DP-1200 I got from ARM013 and the first album I played was this one.

8370697971_2b41075c33_n.jpg

I'm listening to Volume One. I need to pick up Volume Two, as it's a fine compilation.

Went to Cosmos West records here in toronto today and picked up 2 Mono Bossa Nova LP's

Quincy Jones ‎– Big Band Bossa Nova
Mercury ‎– MG 20751
Mono

10zuxs6.jpg

Coleman Hawkins ‎– Desafinado: Bossa Nova & Jazz Samba
Impulse! ‎– A-28 gatefold
Mono

wqwnl4.jpg

Last edited:
Went to Cosmos West records here in toronto today and picked up 2 Mono Bossa Nova LP's

Quincy Jones ‎– Big Band Bossa Nova
Mercury ‎– MG 20751
Mono

R-837707-1320421349.jpeg

Coleman Hawkins ‎– Desafinado: Bossa Nova & Jazz Samba
Impulse! ‎– A-28 gatefold
Mono

wqwnl4.jpg

Nice!!!!!!

How about some Marcos Valle. There are some new reissues out from light in the attic. For an electronic sound there's Bebel Gilberto. I also have a pretty nifty cd by Trio Mocato. Really wild and crazy stuff.

A lot of great suggestions here. I recently picked up a record at an estate sale by an artist unknown to me before: "Barra Limpa" by Luiz Henrique. Great stuff! Also, you can't go wrong with Jobim, Astrud Gilberto, Joao Gilberto, Sergio Mendes (check out some of his early stuff with my favorite little-known drummer, Chico Batera). Laurindo Almeida put out some great Bossa Nova, but also some lame pop stuff.
Anyway, I LOVE Bossa Nova, thanks for starting the thread.:banana:

See now? That's what I like about this site- expansion of one's horizon. I like the music but never pinned a name to it. Now I am exploring wider and deeper thanks to all of the great contributions in the thread.

Thanks for this thread/topic. I've got a few Bossa Nova Lps that I thoroughly enjoy and now have a great list for expanding my horizons too. :)

Last edited:
Check out Zoot Sims "The Bossa Nova Sessions" featuring Jim Hall and also Cannonball Adderly's "Cannonball's Bossa Nova." Keep the recommendations coming!

Back
Top Bottom