Some Old and New.

jt45

THE RACK
All Silver Pioneer and Infinity QLS1s

IMG_0104.JPG

The Office system is running a Mitsubishi M-P01 pre($50) and Mitsu M-A01 amp with a Mitsubishi DP-EC20 TT, Realistic CD2000 CDP and the Desktop PC

IMG_1747.JPG

IMG_1733.JPG

The HT system (the new)(and old) is running a Pioneer VSX-920 AVR, with a Boxee box for streaming all my digital music in FLAC, Infinity Primus 363 towers, 350 center, and Tsi 100s for surrounds, monitor 30 rears, a Klipsch sub .
IMG_0463.JPG

Last edited:
Did you say the top one was a freebie?

Yes the original owner bought The Rack from a pioneer dealer, I think he said around 76 or 78 just like it sets except for the Oak shelves wich he had built.
The speakers he bought around the same time new also, I restored those with help from fellow AK members on the Infinity thread. Everything including the 2 TTs, The Mitsu M-A01 amp and 200 albums cost nothing but a little brake work wich I did later. Hearing loss (he is 70) was the main reason and he knew I would use it and take care of everything. We have been friends for a couple of years and talk regularly

very nice looking setups i myself just received my first vintage Pioneer unit an SA9900 amp, your collection is just to die for and for free even!! i also like your Mitsubishi pieces i have a smaller 50 watt Mitsubishi setup with a Mitsubishi LT640 vertical linear tracking turntable that i am fond of, i bought it for the princely price of 40 dollars actually bought it for just the turntable as i thought it was just to cool for school but ended up liking the whole kit.

Last edited:
Very nice systems! Those Primus series Infinities have to be the buy of the century. I'm using Primus 360's for the fronts of my HT.
Regards,
Jim

Very nice systems! Those Primus series Infinities have to be the buy of the century. I'm using Primus 360's for the fronts of my HT.
Regards,
Jim

Thanks I was starting to think I was the only one who likes the Primus Line, I listen to alot of accoustic and they are really good for that. Hard to beat the price. I started with another brand, but another AK member suggested I try the
Primus line. I moved the 162s to the PC setup and got the 362/363s for their ability to do music and movies equally well, Although the 162s can hold their own I didnt have stands for them.

very nice looking setups i myself just received my first vintage Pioneer unit an SA9900 receiver, your collection is just to die for and for free even!! i also like your Mitsubishi pieces i have a smaller 50 watt Mitsubishi setup with a Mitsubishi LT640 vertical linear tracking turntable that i am fond of, i bought it for the princely price of 40 dollars actually bought it for just the turntable as i thought it was just to cool for school but ended up liking the whole kit.

Ive been a fan of Mitsubishi ever since I got the TT, its very heavy and well made. It took me a while to find the pre for the Mini system but it pushes a full 70W (thats 1970s watts) and is perfect for a PC or bedroom rig and has a great Phone stage (MM and MC). Mitsubishi stuff from that era fly"s under the radar of
most collectors.

Someone else with a Boxee Box!

Got one for Christmas and play with it a lot. My wife and I are probably going to get a Netflix account for it.

Its kind of a spendy toy, but a lot of fun.

Plays everything Ive thrown at it, best streaming media player Ive tried by far, Mine was a open box I got for about half price, Alot of folks returned theirs before some of the best apps were finished and I just waited till the time was right to buy. I use mine alot for FLAC files in my Music library, the UI is top notch and I use it more than my cable box for video because I hate commercials, Especially good for TV series in netflix. And I like search built into the netflix app no more going to the PC to add content.

Thanks Ive finally settled down on buying components and started searching more for good LPs and CDs. It gets crazy sometimes (upgrade fever)

Super.

Maybe the best freebie of all time.

Superb looks.

I am sure the sound matches the appearance.

:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom