Sometimes its nice to be senile

nj pheonix

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I went to put some feet away for a piece of gear i put into a wood cabinet. Thought a bit to where it would be safe and i could find (assuming i remembered where i put it). I had one of those epiphany "i know" i'll put it here they'll be safe. I knew i had a quad of (what i believed to be NOS 7591 (A?)) there. They were , along with another (i believe ) new quad of 7591s and a few nice old stock (NOS) small signal tubes i had forgotten all about. Almost like Xmas in Feb.
I really have nothing i didn't have before , but mentally it was a gift:dunno:.
:jump:

It's a gift as long as you can remember to remember that place to stash those special things. :thumbsup::biggrin: I'm still trying to find a quad of 12ax7's I stashed "for later". All my other tubes are together in one place. Go figure.

Ah yes,those infamous words, ''I'll just put these somewhere safe''. I seem to have one hell of a collection of Norton pistons (and many other items!) as a result of this.

Hey,talk about xmas? A while ago I found a motorcycle in the garage hidden behind some plywood that I still don't remember buying....senility doesn't run in the family,apparently it gallops!!

I've lost more things by putting them someplace I'd remember than I care to think about. Sometimes I find it much later, sometimes not. Thats the worst, when you know you have one but have absolutely no clue where.

Irony is , you buy another (or more if they're cheaper in lots) Then when you're done and putting stuff away the one you had is sitting in the place where you're putting the new ones

I just have a time with names, always did. Not any better after sixty plus years now.
Still can tell someone over the phone just where to reach for a item.

Barney

I mostly stash stuff from the wife. Then wonder what happened to it. I got some circuit boards in the mail & I stashed them in the recyling bin, then the wife took the garbage out! My kid loves to blow me when I get a delivery. Sheesh?

Agreed. I stashed my SX-434 somewhere in the house and can't find it. It'll probably be in the last place I look for it. OR will it, I can't remember!

I found my quad of 12ax7's! Well, sorta. Four boxes with a rubber band around them, only two tubes though. I found them behind a Maggie 175 on a high shelf. But I have no clue where the other two are or why I ever took them out of the boxes. :dunno:

Several years ago l was in an association on a carpet cleaning forum.
When l initially logged on l had to install a password for access.

A week or so later l tried to log on with no success after several attempts trying to remember which password l used l gave up.
This pattern went on for a couple of months before l sent a message to the administrator telling they l couldn't remember my password and could they send me my password.

I had to slap myself on the forehead when the message come back that my password was remember.
And then l remembered picking remember thinking that would be easy to remember :crazy:

I went to put some feet away for a piece of gear i put into a wood cabinet. Thought a bit to where it would be safe and i could find (assuming i remembered where i put it). I had one of those epiphany "i know" i'll put it here they'll be safe. I knew i had a quad of (what i believed to be NOS 7591 (A?)) there. They were , along with another (i believe ) new quad of 7591s and a few nice old stock (NOS) small signal tubes i had forgotten all about. Almost like Xmas in Feb.
I really have nothing i didn't have before , but mentally it was a gift:dunno:.
:jump:
I had to move way back when and lost a lot of stuff when that happened. But about 3 years ago, the wife was digging around in the china hutch and flippantly asks me if wanted these cds? I said oh, just let me check first. OMG! they were about 15 unopened MFSL gold cds that i bought for collecting but had completely forgotten about them. Somebody had stashed them in the China cabinet. I don't think i would have done such a silly thing. Well, anyway, I bought a round of beers for the guys that day!

I mostly stash stuff from the wife. Then wonder what happened to it. I got some circuit boards in the mail & I stashed them in the recyling bin, then the wife took the garbage out! My kid loves to blow me when I get a delivery. Sheesh?
Hey what kind of forum do you think this is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a Pioneer SX-6000 in the piles around here. I’m pretty good about where and when I get stuff. I do have a lot of junk here but an SX-6000 has a special place in my heart so forgetting where that came from is odd.

I too can tell people where to find things over the phone.

I forget names while talking to who ever I’m meeting.

I find myself looking for a certain thing , usually come up empty-handed, like looking for the envelope I wrote down my AK p-word on when I signed up late last year. Now that I want to subscribe, I can't find the damned thing! Couple other similar recent searches. I'm the only human living here, so my fault. Then, while on yet another wild goose chase, I'll find whatever I was after last week or month. By then, the need may have been eliminated by me procuring a replacement.
I need help...:confused::eek::blah:

Back
Top Bottom