Songs that must be played at top volume to be fully experienced

Cannon volleys....

6661812.promo_.jpg
Well, of course! I was waiting to see if someone had the good taste to mention this.

I like these kind's of threads! Each time someone starts a thread like this, more songs/albums comes to my attention, that I would otherwise would have missed or forgotten about, and with streaming , I can ck them out.
I think that's what it's all about! Even if we (God forbid) repeat ourselves.

Me. I never turn my systems up past 50%. If that's not loud enough, I buy better equipment.
Ahem. By full volume, I certainly do not mean "as far as the volume knob will go"! I, too, refrain from turning up my systems past 50%--(Why do the dials go that high? Shouldn't they stop at the safest level for amp & speakers?). I used "top volume" because it sounded good. :)

Wondering if there are others besides me who have never played any song at full volume.
Hmmm. I don't think I've ever played any Christmas music at full volume. Actually, this thread is kind of funny as 99% of my listening is at a few notches above 0, with loudness switch on. But, sometimes, well....the inner child wants out! Especially when my own child and wife are not at home. :naughty:

Man, I'm lovin' this--sharing rockin' good tunes to play--it's too bad we all didn't live closer to one another. We could rent a barn, stack up equipment and let it rip!

I'll go waaay around the world from Aaron Copland, and submit...
Pepper-Butthole Surfers
My Name is Mud-Primus
One of These Days-Pink Floyd
Angry Again-Megadeth
Sad But True- Metallica
And about 100 more at least

I'll go waaay around the world from Aaron Copland, and submit...
Pepper-Butthole Surfers
My Name is Mud-Primus
One of These Days-Pink Floyd
Angry Again-Megadeth
Sad But True- Metallica
And about 100 more at least
Primus is AWESOME--the stuff they are doing is so strange and out there, and incredibly well-played. Candy Man comes to mind.

Ahem. By full volume, I certainly do not mean "as far as the volume knob will go"! I, too, refrain from turning up my systems past 50%--(Why do the dials go that high? Shouldn't they stop at the safest level for amp & speakers?). I used "top volume" because it sounded good. :)
I sometimes go a little past halfway on the volume control, but that's pretty much the limit of common sense and speaker longevity with two monster Kenwood monoblocks providing the juice.

Oh! Oh! I forgot one!
Make it Bun Dem-Skrillex feat. Damian Marley
It makes me laugh out loud when I shovel that one in and let the L-09Ms eat. :rockon:

I heartily second Zeppelin's "When the Levee Breaks"; great stuff LOUD. Same with their song "Hey, Hey, What Can I Do"
I remember driving to work in my Bondo-bus Volvo 240DL wagon. I would play my ZOFO cassette tape until When the Levee Breaks came on, then kept rewinding it so I could essentially live in that song for the entire drive. It never got old. And yes, I can still listen to Stairway to Heaven.

I can appreciate most music at both high and low volumes but I never play Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons, Yes or Robin Trower unless I can play it LOUD.

Last edited:
Kenwood monoblocks! You have good taste, sir!
Thank you. I also fell into a too good to pass up deal on them when I bought my Citation 16, which has since been refurbished. The L-09Ms are being gone through now, and I can't wait to get them back. Not that the HK sounds bad, but it's not the same as having Godzilla and Rodan pushing the Allisons.

Back
Top Bottom