Songs that REQUIRE full volume.

White Zombie: Ratfinks, Suicide Tanks, and Cannibal Girls.
A 1000 watts per channel is about right for this one. This is the only part of Beavis and Butthead Do America movie that was worth watching.

Last edited:
White Zombie: Supersexy Swing'in Sounds (1996)
Oh God I hope you have a big powerful subwoofer. Crank your system up this one can move the earth. This is the best sounding Youtube I could find, and it sucks.
:rockon:

Last edited:
Just mentioned one tune in a new thread of an unknown player...Lonnie Mac and Stevie Rae Vaughan who really hit it big later on in the music game.

The song? "Oreo Cookie Blues" (1985) with both of the above on Alligator's "Strike Like Lightening" album.

Q

Wow......lots of great music. I'll second The Who Live at Leeds side two and Mountain's Mississippi Queen and add The Jeff Beck Jan Hammar Group's Earth in Search of a Sun and Billy Cobham's Spectrum album; Tommy Bolin's guitar work on this album was so right for the material. OPG.

Gotta a race going on between two tunes that are neck and neck at this point going full amplitude:music:...Santana with " Oye Como Va" and The Doors with "Road House Blues".

Can't decide this day which is the winner? Gonna have to play them one more time, then decide. OS not home:biggrin:...so the crank goes up!

Q

Last edited:
White Zombie: Supersexy Swing'in Sounds (1996)
Oh God I hope you have a big powerful subwoofer. Crank your system up this one can move the earth. This is the best sounding Youtube I could find, and it sucks.
:rockon:

I have the CD and it's a brutal track. My two subs get a great workout when I crank it. I find it's also a great way to decide if the setup is too "hot" on the treble. This is one of my demo tracks when I'm buying equipment. If the treble on this track doesn't shove needles into my ears then I'm probably going to like the way my setup sounds for everything else. The rest of the CD is "meh" if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom