Sons of Anarchy

RamCharger

Rockn'Roll Truckdriver
Any fans on the board? I've been hooked since day one. I have lived around this lifestyle for many years, and although some of the story is "hollywood razzle dazzle", much of this story is true to life. I don't think they could put together a better cast. Charlie Hunam, Katey Sagal & Ron Perlman are top notch!:thmbsp:

Attachments

• sons-of-anarchy-poster.jpg
    sons-of-anarchy-poster.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 41
Found it a few weeks ago on netflix instant view, my wife and I love it. I can't wait until the newest season comes up.

I think it's stupid. The characters make no sense and the plots are beyond belief. I did enjoy watching it, don't get me wrong, but with full knowledge of it's stupidity. Like the Three Stooges.

Yeah.. well I've lived and hung out around a lot of hard core bikers and MC's myself.. and I hate to say it, but I don't remember too often there were daily shootings and bombings in the streets.. Yes.. there have been some, but not daily like the show portrays..

I watched up until last season.. it was a great show, but then it did like a lot of other great new shows.. gets really weird and unbelievable..

Oh.. one other thing.. most MC members run thier own business. The club as a whole doesn't get involved with every single "business" deal that goes down like in the show. There is a reason for this too.. it's called RICO...

I love the show and hate myself for cheering for a group of murders and gun runners. But I do and keep watching.

Sure, I know it isn't 'real'. At best it is distilled to a more intense version of reality. But it is a fun ride, has a great cast and good story telling.

I enjoy it. I found last season's slog through Ireland a bit tedious.

Still - looking forward to the new season. The use of Andy Williams' "Can't get Used to Losing You" early in the series was wonderful.

Ken

If we had to evaluate TV shows based on their ties to reality, it would be a pretty short discussion.

Having said that, the producers & writers on this one put less effort into it than some others, for instance "The Wire"...

John

I enjoy it!

My brudder in law was the president of the local Ol' Timers MC Club until they moved out to Silver City SD. a few years back. He's still a member and sports the club colors whenever he rides.

The last time we were out there we decided to take a trek out to Custer. We stopped at an overlook to take some photos when 5 younger guys rolled in on their new Harleys. they were all decked out in new leathers, strutting around like tough guys and everyone was wearing a Son's of Anarchy Tee shirt.

He kept he composure until they rolled out. I don't think I have seen my BIL laugh that hard in my life after they did.

RC

Just a fyi....Kurt Sutter, the creator-producer-writer of SOA also wrote & produced on the "Shield"..... also a "FX" show

Curtis Stiger does the theme song

and it is a depature of what he records now. His "You Inspire Me" is a great cover CD where he takes some RNR standards from such artists as Lennon,Dylan,The Kinks and some older standards and puts a jazzy feel to them. Highly recommended along with his Secret Heart CD. :banana:

I also found it on Netflix and watched the first two seasons in quick order. I found it to be entertaining and I really liked the characters and cast. So what if it's stupid or unbelievable. If you don't like the show because it's over the top or not real, then go join a biker gang and get your reality. It's a damn TV show designed to entertain and the first two seasons did that for me.

You have to always remember, it's Hollywood doing what they have always done best (or worse). I also watched the first two seasons of "Spartacus" and I really liked that show. A bit over the top? Yeah, just a bit.:D

I'm just happy the world can see the talent Bobby Elvis and Tig have on a regular basis. Those guys steal just about every scene in the show, and most movies (they've been in a lot of movies, a whole lot). My opinion of course, but quantity is a fact.

The Prince and Queen creep me out at times though with their relationship. When Hamlet is a major influence I guess it's bound to happen.

The Prince has a rant that can be heard online concerning writing and direction the show is going in. I kinda agree in some ways, but then I also have the power to change the channel or watch something else when not satisfied.

Webisodes will be coming out soon I think covering what happened while they were in prison since they start released on the new season I think.

As far as reality isn't there a place called Cleveland, Ohio that went through the 70s?

5 days to go....... looks like this is going to be a great season.....first episode is 90 min! :thmbsp:

Attachments

• tumblr_lpoyx0q8qB1qgydrjo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lpoyx0q8qB1qgydrjo1_500.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 31
I watched the first few episodes. I thought it to be a bit too mean-spirited & gave it up.

Its better then most crud on TV. I am looking forward to its debut.

Back
Top Bottom