Sony CDP-X33ES tray closing by itself

todd141

Hi everyone. I have the above mentioned player, and when I open the drawer the belt doesn't sound like it stops spinning and after about 1 or 2 seconds, the tray closes by itself.

I tried looking for some type of switch that signals tray open/closed, etc. but couldn't find one on this mechanism. Just a white cam that turns.

Any experience with this happening? Belt looks fine, but I ordered one and will replace it anyway.

Thanks

In case anyone else has this issue - there are two clear plastic things that are near a small circuit board, one near "in" and one near "out" printed on the board. Diagram doesn't show these. The clear "knob" on mine near the "out" should have a plastic piece on the tray that pushes it forward a bit when the tray is all the way open and mine is missing/broken off. So that switch never gets actuated and the gears keep spinning and after about 2 seconds it auto-closes. Since it stays open for about 2 seconds I have plenty of time to put the disk in. I bought this for 65 dollars, and it sound great so no big deal for me.

You can probably make a new piece by drilling a small hole in the drawer, where the piece broke off, and glue a small nail or paperclip in the hole with JB Weld. Then cut it to the appropriate length.

Back
Top Bottom