Sony ps-5520 belt

drumbum

For those that own these decks, correct belt size can be hard to find. Most online retailers list a 23.6 as proper..nope:thumbsdown:. The motor mounts on these decks are pretty soft and that size belt puts way too much pull on the motor. I found the proper belt to be 25"/ 64cm. My table still runs 1.5 seconds fast in 1 min with this belt, and I don't think there is any speed adj. other than turning down the drive pulley.

The service manual lists a part number for the belt that contains a "64", I assume a length in centimeters.

Hope this helps someone.

P.S. the flopped out belt I removed measured 25.2", which was barely working, as in not riding the high point on the pulley.

For those that own these decks, correct belt size can be hard to find. Most online retailers list a 23.6 as proper..nope:thumbsdown:. The motor mounts on these decks are pretty soft and that size belt puts way too much pull on the motor. I found the proper belt to be 25"/ 64cm. My table still runs 1.5 seconds fast in 1 min with this belt, and I don't think there is any speed adj. other than turning down the drive pulley.

The service manual lists a part number for the belt that contains a "64", I assume a length in centimeters.

Hope this helps someone.

P.S. the flopped out belt I removed measured 25.2", which was barely working, as in not riding the high point on the pulley.

The ones from the following source have been quite accurate.
http://www.vintage-electronics.net/sony-ps-5520-belt.aspx
Try one before you go the route of turning down the drive pulley. :music:

Platter Drive Belt FM 23.2

Last edited:
I want to retract my previous assessment of the belt length. I'm thinking a fresh 25.2" might be the ticket seeing as how that is equal to 64cm:oops:

I’ve gotten caught by the incorrect 23.6 inch belt twice now!

I’m suspecting it is about 25 inches. Don’t have the exact measurements. I found the rights sized belt in my belt stash. Now playing correctly.

Yes, I need this belt too
what is exact measure of :
- thickness
- belt width
- belt diameter
- belt length

of this PS-5520?
Thanks

28imhj6.jpg

245mm.

24q8twi.jpg

Half the diameter 245mm x 2 = 490mm the whole diameter.

hah...49 cm for diameter? don't you make a mistake?
the platter diameter itself as follows :

upload_2018-11-20_7-24-54.png

the exact from web as follows :
I don't know the meaning of FM and FBM (BM maybe Belt Measurement, F I don't know, what it's menas)

upload_2018-11-20_7-25-53.png

Perhaps the meter was shrink after washing. Sorry!

117wooy.jpg

the correct one must be as follows :

SONY PS-5520

Belt Size (replacement)

FBM ( Flat Belt Measurement ) = 23,6 inch or 59,944 cm

( Length when belt is cutted off )

Or

Diameter = 19 cm

Or

Length when belt is flipped about 30 cm

It is important that measuring instruments in Indonesia are accurate.

Attachments

• default_buehehe.gif
    default_buehehe.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom