Sony TC-WE825S belts

stlsports222

...thanks to Mr. Google and this forum, I believe that what I need in order to repair my Sony cassette deck (model in title) are two pairs of belts: Sony part numbers 3-359-466-01 and 3-359-417-01. I was able to locate the service manual for this deck: it is here--

http://www.sportsbil.com/sony/TC/TC-WE625_WE725_WE825.pdf

...I've searched on this forum and others for hints about disassembling the parts of the deck necessary to install the belts.

Any suggestions?

Do I need both sets of belts?

My guess is that the flat capstan belts (3-359-417-01) are the culprits as far as the malfunction is concerned.

Any and all advice is welcome.

Thanks.

I am just about to attempt a repair on the same deck and came across this enquiry. Not a single reply but I am hoping you got sorted and maybe can give me some advice.

And now it is my turn to find myself trying to repair a Sony double cassette deck (TC WR 520). The problem is the capstan belt, part number 3-359-417-01 as cited above by
stlsports222. In both decks, this belt has turned to tar and smeared itself all over various components. 96% alcohol cleans up the mess easily. But the real issue is that the replacement belt does not seem to be available. If anybody knows of a place where this item can be sourced, please post!

Back
Top Bottom