Sony UBP-X1000ES as CD player/transport. anyone use it?

Final_Baton

So I need a 4K player anyway.

And I thought : why not go with one that works as a solid transport and that has a pleasing-sounding internal DAC.

Looking through the options, I saw the aforemintionned player. It seems to have an extremely solid chassis, a ggod power supply, and reviews have given it a good score for it's sound through it's rca outputs.

But I was wondering : does someone on here use/have used one? What are your impressions of it as a transport, and how is the sound through the analog output?

PS : I won't be looking at Oppo players because they are too big for my taste(the Sony is lean and I much prefer that, don't want to add another beefy component to my rack) and are too expensive for me right now

Haven’t tried mine with music yet but it’s been great with BR and DVD so far. Replaced a DVP-CX777ES that decided to chew on a few discs. That one sounded great on CD and SACD before I retired it.

John

So I need a 4K player anyway.

And I thought : why not go with one that works as a solid transport and that has a pleasing-sounding internal DAC.

Looking through the options, I saw the aforemintionned player. It seems to have an extremely solid chassis, a ggod power supply, and reviews have given it a good score for it's sound through it's rca outputs.

But I was wondering : does someone on here use/have used one? What are your impressions of it as a transport, and how is the sound through the analog output?

PS : I won't be looking at Oppo players because they are too big for my taste(the Sony is lean and I much prefer that, don't want to add another beefy component to my rack) and are too expensive for me right now

Yeah, I've been curious about that myself. I have some SACD multi-channel discs that really sounded awesome but the new player doesn't have the discrete multi-channel analog outputs out so I believe I've lost that particular feature. Worth it to get the better video player since that's what this one mainly gets used for but hoping other audio formats still perform as well as with my old one.

John

Back
Top Bottom