Soundcraftsmen 2640tx- life is good!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by wizargoz, May 15, 2007.

1. wizargoz

wizargoz New Member

Just when you think you'll never score again- a pair of Soundcraftsmen 2640tx speakers for $25 at St Vincent! These weigh a ton and look really odd- but God they sound good! Cork surrounds, with a metal honker tweeter sticking out of the mid- the cabinets need work but the drivers are perfect. Carted them in, hooked them up, turned on "Back in Black" on vinyl and cranked it- and what a sound! :music:
    I have a Soundcraftsmen SP-4002 preamp wired to an Onkyo M-5160, but I'm looking for a Soundcraftsmen MA-5002 (anyone got one for sale?). The 2640tx will replace my Frazier Mark V's in the main system.
    These appear to be somewhat rare- does anyone have any info on them? I Googled but didn't come up with much. Just curious about their lineage. Got some work to do on the cabinets- but otherwise very happy with them.
    Every once in a while you just get lucky...

Attached Files:

2. wizargoz

wizargoz New Member

Almost forgot...

First 2 pics are from OakTree- just to show the innards. The last 2 are the actual speakers I bought. FYI...
  3. SleeperSupra

SleeperSupra New Member

Nice find.

Any updates?
  4. Chazzer

Chazzer In Hordious Remissionous Subscriber

Here is a Pic of mine! To the left of the left speaker you will see the MA5002 Amp

5. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan AK Member Subscriber

Nice speakers, very nice. The coax looks like a University, good driver.
  6. marantzfan

marantzfan ... Subscriber

What all ya got in the rack on the left..I don't recognize ANY of it, so I'm curious.
  7. Tom Brennan

Tom Brennan AK Member Subscriber

Schweinfurt? You an old B-17 crewman?
  8. Celt

Celt Space Doggy Super Mod Subscriber

Cool find...wish I could hear 'em! :yes:
  9. SleeperSupra

SleeperSupra New Member

SWEEET!!!!! :thmbsp: