SoundsAlike-"Caveat Emptor"

patfont

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Read his BT for sale auctions carefully and ask questions before actually paying for your item!

Although it is not in the "BT rules'" it should be, if you have an item listed for sale and it is "also for sale " elsewhere it would be good to know that. BT sellers who use full disclosure usually have a notation, also for sale on CL, also for sale on "that auction site, etc. Check out something like "Stripersonline" BST area. Where all facets of a transaction are done in the thread itself, and not in PM's. The only time a PM is sent is when the deal is done. (Just FYI)

If the above was in place this would not have happened.

But I'am the bad guy!

I guess I just should have went away silently and congratulated the seller for selling the unit out from under me. I am being told I should be glad I did not get the unit, really why! I just need some parts from it. I think I know what I am buying by now.

So I am not allowed to be an unhappy camper because I was given a price with shipping, paid via paypal, and was then refunded-because it sold elsewhere. And I get labeled, "hostile and argumentative" really-WOW

So I will add steer clear of this seller he is threatening and has a quick temper!

I was threatened with, "if you do not apologize I will leave you negative feedback," I told him you have the right to do so.

So your MO is to threaten, because you need to cover up what is not disclosed!

As you can see I have no problem of you posting what you will.

Last edited:
OK, follow up. SoundsAlike had informed me that the 1060 sold on ebay moments before I sent him the paypal money.

This was Saturday night the 14th: There is no 1060 in completed or sold search on that date, nor does the auction number he gave me even come up in an ebay search.

Who knows, just doing some follow up??? Maybe I am missing something???

I have no idea if it sold on Ebay or not but I can tell you Ebay's search feature is near useless, at times I cant even find my current listings by doing a search let alone sold listings.

Regards Snow

^^^^^ I had picked up a wiring harness for a Gibson '67 Flying V maybe a month ago but when Dan was here and helping install it, I had my friend in NY on speakerphone and though I gave him the auction number so he could look at the photos, he could not get the auction to show so yeah, eBay is a bit weird trying to find things completed. The auction still shows fine on my computer but I was the buyer?? It appears that you cannot search another members purchases, only completed sales if a seller

Back
Top Bottom