South Of Heaven, West Of Hell

Thatch_Ear

Addicted Member
Dwight Yoekum wrote it directed it starred in it and there are only a couple of characters in it that aren't a little insane, some of them completly. I can't say it was really funny but it was bordering on the absurd quite a few times.
There were some great lines and every single character in it with more than a few lines was in one way or another a wack job except for Shoshone Bill played by Peter Fonda.
People in it I can remember, Peter and Bridgette Fonda, Billy Bob Thorton, Dwight Yoekum, PeeWee Herman, Bud Cort (remember Harold and Maude?), Vince Vaughn (he was so money!), and quite a few people I recognized but have never known their names, at least one (Brigette Fonda cuts off his nuts) is now demised. Talk about a disfunctional family that are the bad guys! Yoekum is the good guy, hangs out with a cowboy that wears a dress and they are the Marshall and the Deputy out to catch the bad guys that had been Yoekum's foster family in Texas.
Arizona just north of the border 1907/1908. Telegraphs and electric lights but no cars yet, it is a horse riding, gun shooting, profane language, incest ridden, bank robbing, machine gunning, masterbating Western.
Slow paced, great scenery, strange dialog and a nice looking naked Mexican woman (cause of the masterbation).

I guess that about covers it. I rented it at Blockbuster and watched it twice in 4 days. I see it in the bargain bin I will buy it and watch it again. This thing was just not quite twisted enough to become a cult movie but it is real close. I guess it is a great example of Western Camp.

And no I didn't tell you to much to see it. You could read the script and still need to see it.

Back
Top Bottom