SP1200, 1700, or 2500 Crossover Diagrams

I'm using this one: https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/crosscalc2.asp

There's also an app called crossover calculator that will do narrow bandpass, that came up with same values.

I have a RTA app on my phone as well. I may try to do an unmodded box vs modded vs modded with caps to see if there's a difference to include each switch setting. I do have one crossover that I've put Mudorf Ecaps in.

Ok, just curious, do you have Xsim? I can see now why ZMA and FRD files would be handy now, if so.

I've been tinkering with it using the existing values. Interesting to see how the resistor works with any coil value.

Oh, and I figured out how to export DATS info to ZMA files. I have them if you'd like me to send them. Won't allow me to attach the files here.

I was tinkering with Xsim earlier and plugged in the ZMA files. Interesting once entering the crossover values, even without the FRD files in. It would appear the woofer is in series with the crossover as well. Also, the resistor does seem to affect at each switch point. Maybe where it's attached is a constant on that switch.

Sent those files, once I order the microphone, I'll work on the FRD files with REW and send those along as well.

Yes, I only tested for continuity through the resistor in relation to each tap. The only problem I have with Xsim is it won't recognize an inductor with a zobel. It is either one or the other but not both.

Last edited:
I hadn't seen that, thanks. I wonder what they mean by "parallel network"...LOL.

I'm making an assumption of how the woofer is laid out. If you pair up mids, tweeters and the one woofer using Xsim's default speakers, plug in the crossover points, watch the response dip. Reverse the polarity of the woofer, and it smooths back out. I know, the default isn't what we're working with, but the results were interesting. I couldn't do a screen capture of the program for some reason though to show it.

My microphone shipped today, should have it Saturday. If I can figure REW out fairly quickly, I'll have those ZMA files and we'll be able to simulate this much better. I'm going to measure the speakers, in box, individually. L Mid, R Mid, U Tweet, L Tweet, Woofer.

Also, here is a later typical Sansui box. The crossover network shows the company's habit of running the woofer straight to the amp and weird setup for midrange and tweeters.

Attachments

• hfe_sansui_sp-x6_7_8_9_parts_list-3.pdf
    831.3 KB · Views: 39
Thanks!

Here's the impedance graph from the ZMA files added to the speakers (Coil and zobel on the woofer)

Attachments

• xsim sansui impedance.jpg
    xsim sansui impedance.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 5
Here's what I got with the woofer in series and parallel. Again, I know this will likely change once FRDs are properly inserted, I simply found it a bit interesting. Tweeters are in series as well on both graphs.

Attachments

• xsim sansui default freq parallel.jpg
    xsim sansui default freq parallel.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 10
Lastly, the entire system in parallel.

Attachments

• xsim sansui default freq parallel system.jpg
    xsim sansui default freq parallel system.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 9
Well, the series graph didn't upload. Here it is.

Also, I got the coil and Zobel to work independently on my window.

Attachments

• xsim sansui default freq.jpg
    xsim sansui default freq.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 7
What does you schematic look like. I never could get the inductor and zobel to work together for some reason.

Here's how I have it laid out. Messy, but what I *think* is what it's supposed to be. Pulling the woofer coil makes different changes than pulling the zobel, both on the impedance graph, and frequency.

Attachments

• sp2500 schematic.jpg
    sp2500 schematic.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 36
Mine is the same except I didn't reverse the polarity on the woofer.

Attachments

• With Pioneer woofer with inductor and zobel.jpg
    With Pioneer woofer with inductor and zobel.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 21
  • Electrical With Pioneer woofer with inductor and zobel.jpg
    Electrical With Pioneer woofer with inductor and zobel.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom