Speaker cable (???)

There were a lot of threads "Identify the speaker" or "Identify this receiver" and so on...
Today I found this speaker cable in my garage...
heavy SOB with spades on one side and banana connectors on another (for biwiring)..
No markings of any kind except of AMP on the spade's end...
Does anyone know what is it (brand)? Useless (at this point) for me, but still curious...

Attachments

• Cable 1.jpg
    Cable 1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 135
  • Cable 2.jpg
    Cable 2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 138
  • Cable 3.jpg
    Cable 3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 134
Looks like older audioquest cables or home made , I could be wrong maybe an expert will chime in soon and correctly identify them .

Audiofreak71

Looks like some old school Taralabs of some kind. Your photos are hard to see all the terminations all coiled up like that. They also look very dirty and if you clean them a bit you might see the brand on the wire jacket.

tara_lab_prism_biwire_speaker_cable_1491016819_f0b06f6d.jpg

Look at your banana plugs, they look like these

TARA Labs / Taralabs 2+2 Omni Biwire speaker cable

Cable 2.jpg url.jpg

Resembles some of the early vintage AudioQuest cables. Although it would be unusual to find any AQ cable without their branding somewhere on the cables. Only one cable or a pair?

Resembles some of the early vintage AudioQuest cables. Although it would be unusual to find any AQ cable without their branding somewhere on the cables. Only one cable or a pair?
AQ was more consistent ascetically, with heat shrink, boots and labeling everything. Plus I bet that cable is fat like a 12 gauge extension cord and that tells me Taralabs old school sloppy work. I have a old pair of 24 foot Tara labs Space and Time Quantum III, Spayed/ Spayed

I'm thinking his might be Quantum II

1405922-tara-labs-space-and-time-quantum-iii-speaker-cables-6ft-pair.jpg 1405923-tara-labs-space-and-time-quantum-iii-speaker-cables-6ft-pair.jpg

Good point. Agree AQ was very consistent with their products even the early vintage cables.

I wish I could find stuff like that in MY garage. Do people sneak in and leave nice cables for you or what? :biggrin:

AQ was more consistent ascetically, with heat shrink, boots and labeling everything. Plus I bet that cable is fat like a 12 gauge extension cord and that tells me Taralabs old school sloppy work. I have a old pair of 24 foot Tara labs Space and Time Quantum III, Spayed/ Spayed

I'm thinking his might be Quantum II

View attachment 1237340 View attachment 1237341
More like quantum crap. Those spinners on the bananas prevent any positive contact, just constant arcing. Those wires are old enough to be sold as scrap copper. Sorry for the cable crapping but it is what it is. The op wants to know about them so I'm obliging.:)

Reterminate them with a new techflex cover, pants and connectors of your choice. Would make em useable again if you want that.

Nah...probably will sell as is with some amplifier or speakers when the right gear will be on a chopping block...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom