Speaker Stands w/ WAF For My ADS L710's

BPFisch

I've wanted to build some nice speaker stands that match our decor for some time. Finally got around to getting them put together and finished this past weekend. Thought I'd drop a couple pics on here for you all.

Last edited:
I've wanted to build some nice speaker stands that match our decor for some time. Finally got around to getting them put together and finished this past weekend. Thought I'd drop a couple pics on here for you all.

Look great.
Nice work. :thmbsp:

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Took me a while to come up with a design that the wife liked. I made little 3D sketches of speaker stands on paper for weeks before she finally perked up and said "Ooooo, now I like that!"

One of the best things is that I had built us a computer hutch recently and had plenty of left over oak to put these together! So they were almost free for all pratical purposes!

Nice work and cute stands.

Looks like you put some long screws into the legs for stability? Or did you use a screw and glue combo? I only ask because I couldn't see any cross-bracing and I'm always nervous with that kind of design. Had a collapse accident with some AR3a's once as the stands weren't up to the weight.

Used a screw & glue combination.

I toyed with the idea of cross-bracing, but it really messed up the graceful lines of the simple vertical bracing. So I moved the vertical braces out further than my original plan which gives me more stability. It actually ended up looking better than the original plan in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom