Speakers for a huge studio...

"paint to taste." Excellent.

Not that it REALLY matters, but I was just informed that the studio has concrete floor and wood walls. I suggested some BOSE 901s and the Altec 19s.

david-salle-east-hampton-home-19.jpg

If your friend is upgrading from a little Bluetooth speaker then almost anything decent will be an improvement.

Normally I would say 'big speakers for a big space' but a sub/sat rig will work just fine too.

There are literally hundreds of speakers out there.

OK, Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm going to bring some ideas to my guy and see what he says. I'll close this puppy out before we just get ridiculous with ourselves.

OK, Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm going to bring some ideas to my guy and see what he says. I'll close this puppy out before we just get ridiculous with ourselves.

For the size of the space you could probably get away with something like old KLH speakers (ala model 6s or 17s) which play jazz well and can be had at a reasonable price. But I think it really depends on what your guy has amp/receiver wise and what he wants to spend otherwise you'll get some crazy recommendations.

In all seriousness, I think an affordable pair of Klipsch speakers (like the KG4's above) would be perfect.

multi driver (3+) high efficiency towers would be optimal

large model PSB image/imagine and paradigm studio/monitor series come to mind, and can be had at a good discount on used market

Come on, guys. The real answer: a single Bose 802 with a nice mono amp will more than suffice and will be small, hung from the ceiling and out of the way. Trust me. ;)

GeeDeeEmm

Back
Top Bottom