1. Welcome to the new server. If you would like to help out with the cost of the new server, check out the thread "Audiokarma's server needs your help" in AK NEWS.
    Dismiss Notice

Speakers & Receiver - Dahlquist DQ8's & JVC - $200

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by bobrown14, Jun 21, 2007.

1. bobrown14

bobrown14 Super Member

I'm being offered a deal on the DQ8s for $150. Not much info on the net regarding these, so is that a good deal?? They are bi-ampable!

Thanks,

Bob Brown

2. bobrown14

bobrown14 Super Member

Dalquist DQ-8s

Hi folks - Just got the DQ-8s off a craigslist find. Fired them up and the sound pretty decent. I have them currently hooked up to my Sansui 770 single wired config and they sound better than the ESS speakers I swapped out. They look pretty sweet too and were from the original owner in the original boxes in minty condition. I paid $150 for the pair. Not to shabby so far. Getting ready to hook them up to my AU-999 and would love to bi-amp them. They've got two sets of posts on each so they can be bi-wired as well. Anyone have any thoughts on bi-wire setup as apposed to bi--amp. To bi-amp I need a crossover and a preamp to take full advantage of that but I can bi-wire no problem. Any ideas on bi-wire vs bi-amp?
    Thanks,

Bob