Stello U3 DDC

KenCohen

I recently read about the Stello U3, which is described as a "DDC", which I assume means digital to digital converter. 3 questions:

1. Is a DDC used to improve the quality of the music stream that a DAC is streaming to itself from a PC/Mac via asynchronous USB? The article indicated that the improvement was pretty dramatic.

2. Does a DDC receive its input via USB cable from the PC? and output to DAC via some output cable or other (I don't know which format)?

3. I'd like to get recommendations based on personal experience. I am currently streaming via USB from a 2011 Mac Mini SSD to an Oppo BDC-105 (has asynchronous USB), then to a Bryston R135 integrated amp by stock RCA cables with good connectors. The sound quality I'm getting is a bit harsh, it isn't what I hoped for or should be getting.

Thanks for all comments.

Streaming 16/44.1

I should have mentioned that so far I've been streaming Redbook CD-ripped files from the Mac, and I realize that the crippled, compressed disk information is what it is. I haven't yet tried ripping my SACD's.

Back
Top Bottom