Stereo Review Magazine - Back issues finally available online!

Cardozo250

Within the last 24 hours, some generous individual over at americanradiohistory.com has finally posted back issues of Stereo Review Magazine. This is big news as Stereo Review has never been available online, save for a few odd scanned pages here and there. For the first time, whole issues are available, including those from the 1977-1980 era.

The search function does not yet seem to be working yet for the recent issues, although I'm sure this will be fixed in time.

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/HiFI-Stereo-Review.htm

Great news ! Thanks for the update. I remember reading my uncles old stereo reviews from the same era when I was around 12 or 13 years old.

It's interesting that I remember Stereo Review as an equipment magazine, but looking through these issues it seems to have a lot more emphasis on music and artists than I recall.

Within the last 24 hours, some generous individual over at americanradiohistory.com has finally posted back issues of Stereo Review Magazine. This is big news as Stereo Review has never been available online, save for a few odd scanned pages here and there. For the first time, whole issues are available, including those from the 1977-1980 era.

The search function does not yet seem to be working yet for the recent issues, although I'm sure this will be fixed in time.

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/HiFI-Stereo-Review.htm

Love to see the vintage advertisements and the prices make me want to cry.

However, the best part for me are the Steve Simmels album reviews. Priceless!

Thanks for the link. May have to pour a large bourbon tonight, throw on some tunes and dive into this treasure trove of audiophile delight.

I am reading the Jan 74 issue and it cracks me up that the ad to content ratio is so ad biased. I then realized that I have not read a real magazine in years and years and that most all magazines were exactly like that! How times have changed!

Great to know.

Links to back issues of all the major hi fi magazines should be "stickified".

Just the articles alone could promote a life time of enlightening controversial discussion here.

This is awesome! The text is selectable / copy / pasteable. From the review of the first B-52's album (issue 12/80).

All things considered, the stuff we dis-
missed as trash in the Sixties (commercial
teenage surf ditties) has aged far better
than what passed for Art (Dylan's protest
songs, for instance).

Last edited:
Love to see the vintage advertisements and the prices make me want to cry.

However, the best part for me are the Steve Simmels album reviews. Priceless!

Thanks for the link. May have to pour a large bourbon tonight, throw on some tunes and dive into this treasure trove of audiophile delight.

Those are in those pesky 1970s dollars. Once converted to today's dollars, there is no reason to cry. That said, the non-hardware articles and album reviews are fun to read. Audio magazine is also available on that site.

Didn't know RCA pioneered and sold reel to reel cassette and the machine for it in 1958. Review said it was the best home stereo reproduction at the time.
But nooooooooooooooo. Instead we went....................... 8-track. grrrrrr

8 track was mainly developed for the automotive market.
The 1958 cassettes were the size of the 1970s cassettes that went into the cars. It said the 8-track and the cassette were developed at the same time and the nod went to the 8-track.

Back
Top Bottom