Steve Guttenberg youtube

yotems

i wish id found this guys channel a long time ago, he covers so many questions i see people asking over and over again on here and pretty unbiased as well (with the exception of class ab amps, but i cant blame him for his preference as i feel the same way).

he covers A LOT of entry level gear and gives the kind of reviews you need to hear before giving anyone your money, check him out!

Steve Guttenberg Audiophiliac

he looks like J. Higgs
A584B17A-0E1F-44BF-8C15-AD2C31D36277.jpg

Last edited:
i wish id found this guys channel a long time ago, he covers so many questions i see people asking over and over again on here and pretty unbiased as well (with the exception of class ab amps, but i cant blame him for his preference as i feel the same way).

he covers A LOT of entry level gear and gives the kind of reviews you need to hear before giving anyone your money, check him out!

Steve Guttenberg Audiophiliac

he looks like J. Higgs
A584B17A-0E1F-44BF-8C15-AD2C31D36277.jpg
Yep he sure does , I subscribe to him and have been watching his videos for awhile now , he has some really informative videos.

Audiofreak71

He keeps it pretty simple and real, nice perspective in the audio world as some of our stuff can get pretty lofty if you know what I mean.

I watch him everyday. He's good, but a little too biased towards buying new equipment only. And a few other things too. Like vinyl. And he's definitely out of touch with young people. But he's very interesting. He's lived a pretty charmed life.

I like him too, but he’s rarely critical. Most reviews are varying degrees of positive. It would be nice if he got into tech specs a little more, too.

Well now. I like him. I like Poppy Crum too.

Many other like their make believe world. (sry, couldn't resist)

:)

He put out the strangest video today. Don't know what was going on there at all. He's normally all about appealing to the masses. But today he went off the rails. I think he has a crush on the girl in the video. Lol

I watch him everyday. He's good, but a little too biased towards buying new equipment only. And a few other things too. Like vinyl. And he's definitely out of touch with young people. But he's very interesting. He's lived a pretty charmed life.

he has a video specifically about how buying used and flipping stuff is the easiest/most effective way to try stuff until you find whats right for you, im guessing you havent seen that one lol i havent gotten the grandpa vibe from him though, he seems to have the same cut and dry perspective as myself on a lot of stuff and im 25.. i will say he is a bit of an extremist when it comes to sound quality over convenience but for him its probably more convenient to have the best sound possible so to each their own..

im sure the simpletons who can enjoy smart speakers or bluetooth transmission devices without quality coming into question probably think im an extremist for being religiously against anything lower than the headphone jack of an iphone, so i guess its all about perspective!

Simpleton here. I enjoy the heck out of my nice little bluetooth speaker with tunes from an old iPod when I'm on camping/kayaking trips.

Tell us about your extremist system. With pics, of course.

He put out the strangest video today. Don't know what was going on there at all. He's normally all about appealing to the masses. But today he went off the rails. I think he has a crush on the girl in the video. Lol

i didnt watch it yet but i feel like i know which one youre referencing.. personally, there are times where i wonder if theres more females involved than i might think with hifi or simply being “audiophiles” themselves. while im not spending $50,000 on speakers level audiophile, i still have a “limit” when it comes to sound quality so i must still have the disease to some extent, no big deal though as its a much better indulgence than hard drugs or alcohol

til i start paying $50,000 for speakers

I started watching him just a month or so ago. Of course I was familiar with him through magazine writings. I will take him over the jackarsed snobbery of Femer anyday.

I just recently started watching his videos. Some are good, some are not as good. But, I like them overall. The good thing is they're all relatively short so the pain doesn't last too long. Quick tidbits of info, many with links to his articles, that spawn research on the interesting topics. See the one about sitting as close to the subwoofer as possible? Thoughts on this?

:lurk:

Back
Top Bottom