Steve Perry releases new album in 25 years

I have to give Steve Perry's Traces CD 5/5 Dancing Bananas.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

We listened to it at the KC area audio fest today, on an upper HiFi system. The amp was a McIntosh MC-2205, MAC pre, the source being a Helios player.

You have to watch this to appreciate the speakers. They are the best I've heard to date:

About 5 people really liked this CD. At least one ordered it from Amazon immediately.

Last edited:
It doesn't really sound like Journey, other than Steve's voice, which is remarkably preserved. You can hear a little age to it, but not much. Amazing for a 69 year old dude.

It's like he saved it for us until now. The music is pop rockish, with several tracks that seriously rock. It can't really compare it to anything else (off the top of my head).

It seems fresh to me.

Never a journey fan but I thought this to be a very nice record. Heard an interview on npr last week . Down to earth guy.

It doesn't sound like Journey.

This is one of the tracks that I claim as a "serious" rocker. It sounds great, played loud on the Dunlavy towers.

It doesn't sound like Journey.

This is one of the tracks that I claim as a "serious" rocker. It sounds great, played loud on the Dunlavy towers.

Played it for my lady without telling her who it was, she asked "Journey?", well it sure sounds like Journey to the both of us I guess.

Back
Top Bottom