Stream to a tube amp

TubeGator

Is there a piece of equipment that will take streamed music via computer usb, take music streamed from ipod/iphone via bluetooth, and also take an analog signal from a cd player? In my shop, most my listening is streamed music and ocassionally from cd. I’m trying to figure out how to get the best sound out of streamed spotify to my tube amp via computer or iphone/ipod.

There are any number of streamers available depending upon your budget. As for the CD, there's no need for that to be fed back to the streamer since both are sources. Analog signal from CDP to preamp/amp.

I spent last night searching the internet for solutions. I have 3 sources: spotify on ipod/iphone, iTunes on ipod/iphone, and xmradio app on iphone/ipod. I'm trying to figure out whats the best way to wirelessly get it from ipod/iphone to my tube amp. If the quality is good enough, I will retire my cd player. So I see bluetooth which seems to be the lowest quality streaming from ipod/iphone. Next I see wifi solutions, some inexpensive (chromcast audio) and some very expensive (sonos). I am playing my music through a less than audiophile system so I was wondering if chromecast audio would be good enough. I found some chromecast audio warts on sale for $20 at Walmart so I'm gonna get those and try them today. I want song selection and volume control from my iphone/ipod and reasonable fidelity. How does that sound? If Spotify via chromecast audio is good enough, I just may kill my itunes music and reload the iphone/ipod with spotify downloads and stream beyond that. The xmapp amy get sidelined also or get another bluetooth receiver and use that for lesser quality audion listening to that content.....it's a journey.....

Back
Top Bottom