Stylus fit for Shure m97xe

This may be true, but it seems like an awful lot of resonant crap to be hanging out there for it to not be used. I do believe I have some backup on this hypothesis. I seem to recall a few posts about this a while back.
Unless your system is VERY revealing, you probably won't hear this "resonate crap".

The 4771-DHE arrived today and I found that it seats without trimming of the plastic angled piece (noted up thread), but decided to use nail clippers to trim some of that plastic "billboard" partly for aesthetics. It simply looks better on the m97xe with the trimming completed. I set it to track at 1.5G with brush down, and have listened to only a couple of album sides. So far, the Shure liquid-smooth character is still strongly present, but there is a high-frequency shimmer and extension that I hoped for. I noticed an odd microphonic quality, in which dropping the stylus on the record surface brought a low-level motor reflection noise, which changed as I raised and lowered the lid on the turntable, but I have yet to diagnose that. I can report that to my ears, the 4771-DHE/N97HE stylus inserted into the m97xe makes a potentially beautiful cartridge, smooth, buttery but with enough high-end shimmer to bring life to the sound. All FWIW.

I confirmed with the seller that the 4771-DHE will work with the m97xe and made the switch before shipment, so I'm all good. It's not clear whether the 4771-DHE is made by Pfansteihl or EVG, but I believe that I'm buying a product made by EVG, and it is listed as hyperelliptical, so we'll see how it goes when it arrives. Based on reading other threads, there might be a bit of plastic trimming required to fully seat the stylus into the body. Again, I'll update when it arrives.

It's going to be a busy time for me upcoming, because I just ordered this stylus to see if it will create a Shure m97xe cartridge that can keep a place in my rotation. I also ordered a Chinese AT3600L cheapie to do some experimenting with potting, stylus nuding and crafting a wood cartridge body. Lastly, I ordered a hyperelliptical for an AT95e, so lots of playing and testing coming up in value-hobby-land!
Please provide sellers link.Thanks

I have an N97xVL. It’s the vivid line replacement from LPGear. My opinion is that it is superior to the stock Shure stylus. There are several reviews on it.
I would second that. It is a significant upgrade and well worth the investment.

I've been interested in trying a different stylus for the m97xe, a cart that cannot keep a place on any of my turntables because it tends to be so smooth as to seem lifeless. I've seen a hyperelliptical on a couple of sites that goes by (alternately) 4772-DHE, 772-DHE and V45HE. I'm wondering whether one of these will fit the m97xe. Can anyone confirm one way or the other? If there is a close fit that requires a little trimming, no problem.

Thanks in advance!
I used the LPGear Vivid-line stylus with the Shure M97xe. It's absolutely great!
Although I am using a Project Debut Carbon right now equipped with an Ortofon 2M Blue. So, my LPGear Vivid-line stylus is for sale; € 40,- excl postage....

Back
Top Bottom