Subscriber membership. What is it and how do you become one

Discussion in 'AK News' started by Grumpy, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad Subscriber

That's been my experience over the years: subscription expires, I'm notified, I (re)subscribe, I am back @ full access and the subscriber's red banner.

Sure, you might miss a day or two of BAP and BT, but once back in, you find you (usually) didn't miss much (sure, the occasional "interesting" thread that's been locked up), but you can catch up w/ everything that's remained intact.

Hyperion likes this.
  2. luvvinvinyl

luvvinvinyl Admin Staff Member Admin Subscriber

We used to get several days notice, but I can't find where to change that in XF. Now the notice is down to a couple of hours, and you only see that if you are watching and waiting for it.

3. vinylisfinal

vinylisfinal AK Subscriber Subscriber

i re-subscribed but it still states i have insufficient access to barter town?

4. luvvinvinyl

Usually, logging out and back in is sufficient. Sometimes you need to clear cache and cookies.

Your account is showing the red banner. I presume this has resolved itself, yes?

BTW, anyone with an account problem, whether related to subscription or anything else, is asked to pm me, here, or email me at luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org

Please don't start a thread, or, worse, bury a post in an existing thread, even this one. I probably won't see it. I only saw this one because someone reported vinylisfinal's post.

Thanks for the support.

5. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

Bump for those looking for info on subscribing. Thanks

Grumpy

6. Decotriumph

Decotriumph AK Subscriber Subscriber

Subscribed! Thanks for providing this forum. It has already been of help to me and I'm just getting started!

Grumpy likes this.
  7. GordonW

GordonW Speakerfixer Subscriber

Hey- I am planning to re-up online for the first time (I always had sent in checks in the past).

However, I am now wondering- is it possible to pay online with a M/C, if I don't have a Paypal account myself?

Also, are we still at the couple hours warning when the subscription expires? Fortunately, mine expires on a Sunday, when I can probably be on it pretty readily...

Regards,
    Gordon.

8. dnpainting

dnpainting AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hi Gordon,
    If I remember correctly, you don't need a PayPal account to send $, only to receive it.

9. Brian C

Brian C AK Subscriber Subscriber

Having trouble renewing my subscription, if I go under my Account Upgrades I do not find anything that says Subscriptions.

Please advise
    Thanks

10. merlynski

merlynski Curmudgeon Electronicist Subscriber

Excellent investment, superb site, great group!! I'm in.......

11. luvvinvinyl

Just a couple of words to our subscribers

Thanks, very much, for the support.

The Account Upgrades section of your profile panel holds the renewal link, but it does not appear until very close to your expiry time. Think hours rather than days. (Yeah, I know, but I haven't found any way to extend the time. Yet.)

HarmanKardon likes this.
  12. lotusstp

lotusstp AK Subscriber Subscriber

Re-upped, would like to regain access to Barter Town. I need to thin the herd due to recent flood-related damage to my house. No equipment lost, just need to pay fro very expensive damage that my insurance won't cover. Would rather sell yo a fellow AK'er than to some Flea bay flipper.

ETLS likes this.
  13. audiobeer

audiobeer AK Subscriber Subscriber

14. audiobeer

audiobeer AK Subscriber Subscriber

Let me know what you have

15. Wildcat

Wildcat ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Subscriber

There may be improvements in xenForo 2.0 in that department (which should be rolled out later this year). If not, it might be a good thing for the suggestion box. I'll have to remember to take a look.

I re-upped in March, I think. I'm good for a while now. :thumbsup:

16. mrphilco

mrphilco AK Subscriber Subscriber

My subscription ended today - just a little while ago in fact. I did renew once I saw that my subscription had expired. HOWEVER -

1. I never received any sort of notice that it was about to expire; and
    2. I was not able to renew in advance, not even an hour or so.

A renewal link never appeared for me - until after my account had expired.

I was checking every hour or so this evening. No renewal link before expiration. Didn't happen.

I hate to complain, but I find this to be rather frustrating.

17. luvvinvinyl

First, thanks for the support.

Second, I don't always see the same AK as a regular member, or subscriber. My Account upgrades link tells me, to the minute, when my subscription expires. Does it do the same for you? Either through the start time, or the end time?

18. mrphilco

mrphilco AK Subscriber Subscriber

It did tell me, to the minute, when my subscription expired.

I was on here a few times after the expiration time and there was still no link to renew - it just said "Expires Today at 5:45 PM". Finally, after 8:30pm EDT, I checked again and it said my subscription had expired and asked if I wanted to renew.

I just checked, and now it says "Expires: Jun 10, 2018 at 8:55 PM".

19. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

Some years ago I prolonged my subscription until February, 2020. However it would be reassuring to know getting a mail timely when my subscription is running out.

20. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

I re-subscribed just now, no problems. - except now you have to put up with me for another year. :D

merlynski and 4-2-7 like this.