Subscribers Helping Members and Audiokarma at the same time

4-2-7

Smart Ass
Sponsor
Last summer there was a driving effort to get people to subscribe. At that time I paid up for two year and asked Dave and Ernie If I could pay for someones subscription as well, they said yes so I did. Since I have been here I have always been a subscriber so I really don't know what the site looks like to non subs.

I know there are members on this site that have limited funds and fixed income. Some also have been subs but had to let it laps do to tight budgets or just life hitting them in the face.

I also know there are some that just don't care to help at all, spending the same small sum every weekend so they can post in score threads.

I think I know a lot of people and the way they are on this site, when asked they step up to help others that fall on hard times or just need a little help, be them members or people we just don't know. So what if we start an effort to build the subscriber base, help in a very small way a lot of members and at the same time it generates funds for the site that we all benefit from?

We can do this a few ways
1) Non Subs can post in the thread, saying they would like to be a sub but just can't right now (what ever reason) but sure would like to try it out for a year.

2) anonymously- Find your own members you feel would like to be a sub but can't, and you feel they are deserving.

I personally like #1 as it can get infectious being a thread and interaction with the members. All of a sudden more and more members and subs see it and think it's a nice gesture.

I know I can handle 3-4-5 or so members myself, come-on some of us spend way more than that one subscription on a record right?

Actually, 4-2-7, your gesture started a little flurry of donations, from others, that ended up with me having 7 subscriptions 'in my pocket'. I 'spent' all seven, giving renewals or new subscriptions to members who were surprised and very grateful. It took a while for me to give them all away to appropriate people. I was remiss in not posting this before now. Thank you for your support, you, and all ot the other generous people.

Actually, 4-2-7, your gesture started a little flurry of donations, from others, that ended up with me having 7 subscriptions 'in my pocket'. I 'spent' all seven, giving renewals or new subscriptions to members who were surprised and very grateful. It took a while for me to give them all away to appropriate people. I was remiss in not posting this before now. Thank you for your support, you, and all ot the other generous people.
Just now Ernie ? Or last summer?

Hiya,

Nice gesture but the last few months have soured me on the membership around here.

But let me ponder it and at least kick in one membership sponsorship hoping that a positive sign will emerge.

Frannie

Hiya,

Nice gesture but the last few months have soured me on the membership around here.

But let me ponder it and at least kick in one membership sponsorship hoping that a positive sign will emerge.

Frannie
Yeah me too Frannie, along with some of the behaviors of a few new members of late. However I do hold out hope, I do like to help people if I can and think sometimes the effort gets rewarded with opening peoples eyes.

BTW, I knew you would be responding to this thread fast because your always wanting to help people, and your commitment to the site and staff here is what I love about you and the many many other members here just like you.

I just think the members are what really make the site what it is, maybe older members can help newer ones out to see that it can be more than just a site, It's friendships that grow with trust and participation.

I was just looking in a birthday thread and here is two members that have been here a long time and never say anything negative. Always having participate in the site with a good demeanor.
guiller
ZebraBlvd

I hopefully will have a bit of money in my paypal by end of the week. I'm in for at least one sub when I get it. Is it just sent as a donation with a note to use it for someone's subscription?

Cool you guys are the best. Just send Ernie a note and reference it on your PayPal to AK who you would like or have Ernie chose someone.

Just now Ernie ? Or last summer?
It took me until November, as I don't actively search out candidates. I've been doing this for years, as others, before you, have done the same thing. I ended up with seven renewals.

The right people usually surface. I have learned to be patient.

Please, anybody, feel free to name your intended recipient, if you have one. If you want to remain anonymous, just send me a pm, and let me know that.

Last edited:
Please, don't just put it in your paypal, as it probably won't be seen. Send in your paypal, through the PAY button, and then be sure to send me a pm, and let me know how we proceed.
Do you have someone in mind? Who?
Do I choose?
Do you want me to keep your identity secret?

We can make this happen.

The recipients of this largesse are often shocked and very grateful that someone did this for them. One of my favourite parts of being an admin. Thanks.

Hiya,

Frannie

Can't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. These things happen in clumps, I've noticed. It'll pass.
Too many good people here to let a handful sour my experience.

And I love this thread/idea.

One of my favourite parts of being an admin. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

There has to be some good parts. Thanks to you and the rest of the crew.

Hiya,

Frannie

Please don't be discouraged. We have already lost a number of awesome contributors so let's cut our losses here.

I do hope this thread got some members thinking, all it takes is contacting luvvinvinyl.

It took me until November, as I don't actively search out candidates. I've been doing this for years, as others, before you, have done the same thing. I ended up with seven renewals.

The right people usually surface. I have learned to be patient.

Please, anybody, feel free to name your intended recipient, if you have one. If you want to remain anonymous, just send me a pm, and let me know that.

Yes I recall the subject of giving subscriptions to others anonymously came up long ago, so this isn't something new, how often it happened only a moderator would know.

Back
Top Bottom