Subwoofer

rocknroll1

I am thinking of upgrading my subwoofer. Currently my polk is just set up with my surround sound but I want to incorporate it into my two channel setup. I have monitor audio gold 200 front speakers that also run in my 2 channel system via HT bypass on the emotiva amp and preamp for 2 channel going to a marantz 7:1 receiver. So 2 subs that are on craiglist locally are SVS SB13 and Revel Performa3 B112. Both are front firing sealed 13" and 12" respectively. I don't know much about subs so looking for some suggestions. Also could i run the sub from the emotiva to marantz thru HT bypass same as front speakers?

I have a thing against subs, but thats not the issue. Would you have two different speakers for your primary left and right channels. H--- NO. So why would you want different sub woofers? You are going to have enough problems trying to get identical ones to sound the same. How are you going to make different ones sound the same? If you think subwoofers sound the same thats like saying a Klipsch 3 way system with a 15 inch woofer is going to sound the same as a JBL or a EV 3 way system . We know those are different for sure. Subs can have much higher frequency harmonic distortions, and different tunings do to the box and woofer design parameters making different units sound different.

I have a thing against subs, but thats not the issue. Would you have two different speakers for your primary left and right channels. H--- NO. So why would you want different sub woofers? You are going to have enough problems trying to get identical ones to sound the same. How are you going to make different ones sound the same? If you think subwoofers sound the same thats like saying a Klipsch 3 way system with a 15 inch woofer is going to sound the same as a JBL or a EV 3 way system . We know those are different for sure. Subs can have much higher frequency harmonic distortions, and different tunings do to the box and woofer design parameters making different units sound different.
Sorry I wasn't clear, I only want 1. I know nothing about either and was wanting help picking one of those 2.

Hopefully, someone with experience with both those models will come along. I'll only comment that you seem to be looking in the right direction. I'm happy with my 12" sealed SVS with the Silver 6. REL might be better. Age and condition could even be deciding factors, of course. Ideal would be to audition both, if possible.

Back
Top Bottom