Suggestion Box

I'd be happy to put on a seminar, something 101, maybe "How to fry your amp swapping gear while drinking". Or perhaps "The finer points of dragging your needle across nice vinyl".

I'm personally ok with the hotel, it kinda reminds me of Clevelands' old Muny stadium, we can do whatever we want there. But I do understand if vendors would be a little... surprised. I hope success proved otherwise. If not it may need to be rethought.

I liked how intimate the show was Saturday. If they had a bar there it would have been packed with non-AKers. My only suggestion Grump would be to get music the thrifters would be familiar with - something like "The Singalongs - a Tribute to Mitch Miller" or "The Monster Honkers sing Streisand".

Dinner or lunch, I consider any a bonus of sorts, so however you like is A-OK with me. It seems to me lunch would be easier on the volunteers. I'd be happy to help, I can microwave a mean hot dog! :D

I have no doubt no matter what it'll be great - again.

Pete

Been thinking about this some lately.

Having a room at the fest really limits meeting and getting to know everyone. How about some sort of a cocktail hour, instead of a meal. I think it would be great to just wander around and meet more of the people that I'm sure I missed.

Presentations, drawings, etc. usually go pretty well at these types of things and maybe could be a little less work for Dave and crew.

I think we should have a really basic computer set up for the SOLE purpose of uploading photos to the Fest forum on AK. That way, there will be one central place to look at everyone's shots, and people can take more pics without changing memory cards.

Negotiableterms said:
I think we should have a really basic computer set up for the SOLE purpose of uploading photos to the Fest forum on AK. That way, there will be one central place to look at everyone's shots, and people can take more pics without changing memory cards.

This assumes an internet connection, which is a very big assumption, in my experience.

tentoze said:
This assumes an internet connection, which is a very big assumption, in my experience.
I was thinking that the files could be loaded onto that computer, which would then go to Grumpy's house and the upload could occur on Monday... afternoon, a while after Dave wakes up. If there's a connection to load them in real time, even better!

Nah, I was unclear, and you're right that the Detroit Ritz has no functional connection. Well... at least not to the internet. Anything else you want can be obtained on the third floor.

I saw a lot of the third floor - and the fifth - those are the ones that kept coming up in elevator roulette when trying to get to the fourth.

I actually got a wireless connection to work in my room but have no idea who's service I was 'sharing', it certainly wasn't the hotel's.

We had a connection on the 12 floor. Not the fastest but a couple hundred K if I recall. Problem we had was finding a notebook that had a functioning wireless card...

I let many use my laptop at last years fest.

grumpy said:
We had a connection on the 12 floor. Not the fastest but a couple hundred K if I recall. Problem we had was finding a notebook that had a functioning wireless card...

I let many use my laptop at last years fest.

My wireless card works just fine all over the world, but it wouldn't connect anywhere in that hotel. IIRC, Big 'Un techboy there had to get a signal booster and then a super duper amplified wireless card before he could make anything connect on the 12th floor.

As it turned out even without the booster with my wireless card in Ernie's laptop it worked fine. By the time we found this out on Sunday it was all ready too late to be of much use.

I later found out that others in their rooms on the 12th floor were using the wireless with little or no probs.

I had a great connection to the hotels system on the 4th floor. I almost always travel with my computer and would be willing to let anyone up load pictures.

I agree with Ernie, asking Glen or someone else to put on a seminar is asking alot. I'm sure that the guys would do it in a heartbeat but, I feel that they should attend to have fun. Dinner sounds great too! I also liked the idea of having a cocktail hour (or 2) to meet fellow AK'ers. I know from our get togethers in the Colorado group, over the years it is becoming a hang out session and seeing and hearing the gear that the host has ammased. One thing I really should have done in 2006 when I attended was meet more folks. The gear is great but, I think the people and music are what it is all about...

Not having been able to attend a Fest because they have always conflicted with my schedule of antique shows in the spring. My suggestion is to plan the Fest around my schedule. :D

I can always hope, can't I! :D

Terry

Back
Top Bottom