Suggestions for a small gas grill

A bit, uh, different, but I got one of these (and older model) and mounted it on my deck rails (2x6s).
All SS, uses the small gas cannisters. I thought it was outrageous, price wise, but mine must be nearly 10yrs old and still works fine, and I just leave it out in the weather all year round. The mounting required some fiddling to attach it to wood.
Can't tell if these newer ones are better or worse than the one I have (which is more spherical looking).
Not sure about use in covered area - I keep mine well away from the awning, as it can get quite hot (doh).
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/magma--original-size-marine-kettle-gas-grill--15999469?recordNum=13
Be sure to let us know what you chose and how you like it!

weber only. THe Performer with gas start is a nice way to go. Uses charcoal/lump but has a gas thingee to start the goals with no fuss.

weber only. THe Performer with gas start is a nice way to go. Uses charcoal/lump but has a gas thingee to start the goals with no fuss.

Use the Performer at our Florida house. I really want gas. Quick to get to the proper temperature and don't have to wait 15-20 minutes like I do with charcoal

A bit, uh, different, but I got one of these (and older model) and mounted it on my deck rails (2x6s).
All SS, uses the small gas cannisters. I thought it was outrageous, price wise, but mine must be nearly 10yrs old and still works fine, and I just leave it out in the weather all year round. The mounting required some fiddling to attach it to wood.
Can't tell if these newer ones are better or worse than the one I have (which is more spherical looking).
Not sure about use in covered area - I keep mine well away from the awning, as it can get quite hot (doh).
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/magma--original-size-marine-kettle-gas-grill--15999469?recordNum=13
Be sure to let us know what you chose and how you like it!

Boy does that bring back memories. Had one on my boat years ago. Worked really well

A starter chimney is fast and simple. I use waded up newspapers to start the charcoal with. If you use natural lump charcoal a chimney is the only way you can get it going properly.

I might like my Sportsman Grill but if I decide to grill a couple of burgers or a steak and it is 10 degree F outside my gas grill is the way to go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom