Suggestions Needed For 6V6 Reverb Driver OT for Fender Vibro-King

Blast

I Wanna Rock
Subscriber
I need to replace the OT in a late 90's Fender Vibro-King. This has the updated 6V6 reverb driver (as opposed to the older 6BQ5 type in earlier models) and I'm not sure which OT I need.

Here's an excerpt of the schematic. Part number of the OT shows as 047605. I don't seem to be able to cross that number to anything.

It may be something as simple as driving a speaker from a SE 6V6. But, I wanted to get others opinions before I ordered just any old thing.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Vibro King Schematic Reverb Only Edit.jpg
20180210 Fred Fendorfs Vibro King 05 Edit.jpg

Thanks for jumping in here, guitarslam! Banzaimusic is a new one on me. The transformer you cite at Tubeampdoctor did come up for me in a search prior to my posting here. But, being in the U.S., I ran from it figuring I had to be able to find something closer.

During the week I needed to make a decision, was a bit rash, decided to just "get something" geared to a 6V6 so I jumped on a Hammond 1750C. I thought was a single tap primary but, it turns out that it is a dual primary: 5000 and 8000 ohm. Which is interesting because it allows me to experiment, listen and note differences in sound quality, plate voltages, cathode currents, etc. and expands my "life skills" for it.

So, I'll likely stick with the 5000 ohm tap. While the 6V6 plate voltage is minimally higher on 5000 than 8000 (431vdc vs. 423vdc, respectively) sound quality is slightly better on 5000. Voltage across the 330 ohm cathode resistor is 12.3vdc for either tap. Which equates to cathode current of .037 amps.

Looks like a wrap! Thanks again, guitarslam.

Back
Top Bottom