Super Pas 3 rebuild kit

3l3ctron

Re: the phono section.

MM or MC?

Also, are there any provisions for a headphone out?

I've been interested in doing this for a while...Thanks

Mine is just MM. I didn't build it either, but I have the assembly instructions, and I don't see any reference to MC.

Do you use it, and are you satisfied with it's performance?

I use mine all the time. Excellent phono that gives my $2000+ ss stand alone a run. Most of my system is solid state so it's nice to get tubes in the chain, particularly on the phono side.

Do you use it, and are you satisfied with it's performance?

Yes. I'm not sure it's the best deal out there, but it is an excellent preamp, and mine's like 21 years old. I'm slowly working on a PAS 2 rebuild in which I plan to use an Aikido linestage, so maybe I'll have a basis for comparison - I've heard that the Super PAS Three linestage is also an Aikido, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

Yes. I'm not sure it's the best deal out there, bui it's an excellent preamp, and mine's like 21 years old. I'm slowly working on a PAS 2 rebuild in which I plan to use an Aikido linestage, so maybe I'll have a basis for comparison - I've heard that the Super PAS Three linestage is also an Aikido, but I haven't been able to confirm that.
I just finished a PAS build using the Aikido line stage and a PH-10 phono stage. I like it a lot. Its also dead quiet. For the line stage Im going with RCA clear top 12au7's.

Back
Top Bottom