Surprise. In the market for Integrated Amplifier

Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up going with the Brio 2017. I should be getting on its way. I am excited to get it set up and listen to it. I have two sets up speakers, so I will try it with both and let yall know what I think!

Congrats, Mac_n_cheese. It's always a blast to get new equipment. The Brio looks like a great amp, enjoy.

Cheers,

Scott

Thanks for everyone's help. I ended up going with the Brio 2017. I should be getting on its way. I am excited to get it set up and listen to it. I have two sets up speakers, so I will try it with both and let yall know what I think!

Funny you bought a Rega. That is the first brand that came to me to recommend. I also like, at least from what I have read, the Cambridge CX-A60 or A80. I think both offer a fine balance of power and Sound quality for a reasonable price.

You might check out Newprime. They have been getting a lot of raves.

http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/products/amplifiers-and-preamps/integrated-amps.html

Nice choice on the Rega, I'm sure it will sound outstanding. I really enjoyed the Rega DAC I had a few years ago. That said, since Nuprime was mentioned I feel compelled to say how impressed I am with the IDA-8 I recently acquired. I've been a dyed-in-the-wool separates guy but needed a space saving all-in-one and this little rascal exceeded all expectations.

I have a question concerning the Brio 2017. All the reviews seem really good, but not having the ability to adjust the treble and bass a negative?

I have a question concerning the Brio 2017. All the reviews seem really good, but not having the ability to adjust the treble and bass a negative?

Not for a lot of people, myself included.

My main amp has no tone controls, and I keep the tone controls flat or bypassed in amps in other locations in the house. But then, my hearing might be different than yours.

Back
Top Bottom