Switched back to Sansui

index.php

I've had a few but aim to have one of each of my fave brands. I've had a 555a, Eight, 9900 and 888. Now I'm just left with my modded 999. Its a fave but I have to say I do love my Accuphase C200 more (for pre-stage anyway).

But if I feel like listening to a solid and very revealing amp, I crack out the 999.

What are your thoughts on the 888's sound signature?

I thought it was pretty good. And what I noticed about it is that first impressions were that it sounded FAR better than an unrestored 999 before I restored the 888 (did this to both a 888 and a 999).
Both restored, tell me what your thoughts on both comparing sound sig?

Both restored, tell me what your thoughts on both comparing sound sig?
To be honest - I cant really remember - I didnt have the 888 for that long - I needed the $$$ so had to sell.

It was OK. But very close to the 999. And I am very happy with the sound of my restored 999 now, its still me "reference" amp cos its so revealing and "straight line" from source to speakers.

And here is my G7700 come home to roost.......It was returned to me yesterday. She needs a clean up, and I think I will tear it apart and really go through it, I never recapped it or anything, I just got it going from DOA, but its been reliable for the last 6 or 7 years my friend has had it.
Anyhoo.......I'll be looking forward to working on this.

So, back to Sansui!!
IMG_4742.JPG

Sansui was my fav for years after getting into vintage.Gradually moved to newer Yamaha.I don't know though that I'll ever go back in a main system.Sansui will always be welcome here.

Last edited:
Ok
And here is my G7700 come home to roost.......It was returned to me yesterday. She needs a clean up, and I think I will tear it apart and really go through it, I never recapped it or anything, I just got it going from DOA, but its been reliable for the last 6 or 7 years my friend has had it.
Anyhoo.......I'll be looking forward to working on this.

So, back to Sansui!!
View attachment 970528

......ok Kevzep, we won't tell on you, .....that you have deflected from the McIntosh board, to come home and roost with with your fellow Sansuians ......:music:

Last edited:
I grew up with Sansui equipment my dad had since 1978 and when I was growing up, got spoiled by the sound, when I got my first job at 15 in 1996 bought me a Pioneer Sx205 and some technics floor speakers with 10's from SUN tv and appliance sounded alright then my dads G6000 started acting up and going in protection in 1999 traded my receiver and speakers for his a Nintendo 64 game and 100 bucks for it, it needed the driver board recapped and presto it came back to life, have used it ever since with the speakers he bought with it the SP-x7700's, later I got the SE-7 eq and the FR-Q5 turntable, also a Pioneer RT-707 r2r, I was late and the SC5300 cassette deck I replaced the capstan motor years ago got sold in a garage sale 2 years ago, replaced that with a tascam 122b cassette deck, added a Teac 4010 r2r and a Pioneer PL550 tt also, anyways I had a HK AVR with the whole surround sound Polk and mtx speakers was great for movies couldn't hold a candle to the Sansui for music, Had a Pioneer reference integrated amp something 717 model had power sounded great, also a Kenwood 125 w/ch receiver sounded dull, lifeless, no bass compared to the sui, some Yamaha natural sound pre Dolby pro logic surround with some Yammie speakers I use with my PC, but nothing I have had or friends have have has touched my Sansui setup in my opinion, and a few of my friends, now I have heard louder but not better in modern equipment except for the McIntosh store that used to be around, even my poorly built Sansui A70 integrated amp I use from time to time in the garage sounds better than some of the big box stores stuff

I have a couple different items in my living room......Sansui 8080DB still gets the most use on a set of LaScalas almost every night. Another thing, its still bone stock with the exception of a new cabinet. Sansui 1.png Sansui 2.png

Back
Top Bottom