SX-450 - photo/instructions needed for opening the Alps switch

mrbruce

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
After following the excellent instruction threads for getting access to the Alps power switch, I have it out (but haven't unsoldered it since I might not have to.)
I could really use a photo of the inside of the switch and details on how it opens. My fear is that, absent these details, I might pop it open incorrectly and parts will fly. Sure I wouldn't be able to reassemble without a photo.I'd prefer not to disconnect the power wires but will if someone says it's too risky to open it on a towel laid across the open receiver.
Thanks.
BruceDSCF0920.JPG

sKiZo,
I had seen the thread but overlooked MarkTheFixer's link to other photos.
That's exactly what I needed.
Thanks

Happy to be of service ... I'm sure Mark is too ... <G>

Not a bad idea to save those pics, just in case. I've had a few disappear on me over time - stuff that had been parked on photobucket and the like.

I've been referring back to the picture several times since I opened the switch box. Easy enough to clean the contacts and bend them a little to ensure they snap tight. Not So Easy - trying to keep the center aligned and place it back on the shaft in the right orientation. No success so far.

Final report - I was able to get into the switch easily (since the two halves just unsnap) and then burnish the contacts and put a thin coat of Silclear on them. Reassembled and it clicks on with nada flickering.
Thanks to all for the previous threads and to sKiZo for the helpful link in this thread.
Bruce

Back
Top Bottom