SX-950 switch assembly issues

HairySatchel

The phono 1 and phono 2 switches are the worst. They don't engaged far enough. Holding them all the way in with my fingers seems to help. What is the best procedure for cleaning and improving these types of switches?

The switches are ganged together. I imagine the mechanism that connects them is at fault. It's designed to allow only one input function at a time. The best way to deal with it, is to gain access by removing the switch board. This means removing the front face, bottom cover and several of the front board assembly's. Never remove any wires from the boards they all remain connected. Just unscrew the board assembly's and gently move them back and out of the way, making room to back the switch assembly out. Hopefully all it needs is a good Deoxit treatment and Fader 5 lube of the switches and a lube of the connecting mechanism.
Also:
At the very end of the ganged switches is the spring that supplies the energy for the sliding lock. Check it out for fault. You'll see what I'm trying to describe. It's a flat metal spring that locks to the side of the end switch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom