System Nearly Complete

Mellotronix

I'm back from our spring travels. We capped our season with a stay at the Broadmoor Hotel which is celebrating its 100th anniversary. The old lady never looked better. Golf--uh, not this year. The wind blew and It snowed two days in a row. Of course, the day we left it was in the 70's. We then hit Rocky Mtn. Ntnl. Pk. I got my senior lifetime park pass! The joys of getting old. You get cheap tuition to places that you can't see very well and will never remember anyway.

On our way back through Denver, we saw Steven Wilson at the Ogden and caught a Rockies game. They won but ended up splitting the 2 game series with the Halos.

OK, but the big news is that I went stereo shopping in Denver and picked up a REL T/7i for my little studio room. I thought about the T/9i, but I think it's overkill, especially since I'm likely to get a second one for the room. Now for the pics. Please forgive the fact that the wires are still unmanaged. That will happen when I get things placed permanently. Oh, and my iPhone is really old and decrepit when it comes to photos but the f***g battery lasts FOREVER!

studio2.jpg
studio4.jpg
studio6.jpg

Attachments

• studio3.jpg
    studio3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 34
  • studio5.jpg
    studio5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
That's a good looking setup with excellent storage for vinyl. The red acoustic treatments provide a nice visual contrast in the room.

I love Porcupine Tree! Have seen them 3-4 times in the Chicago area.

Arriving Somewhere was recorded in Chicago--great live set! SW's current solo setlist includes a bunch of PT songs including my favorites, The Sound of Muzak, Even Less, and Arriving Somewhere. The Denver show at the Ogden was otherworldly. The band's skills are off the charts.

Really nice! Are those the new B&W 705s?

No--they are the CM6 S2's which were recently replaced by the 705's. I heard the 705's last weekend and they sounded better than any other stand-mounter in the showroom (BW Diamond series notwithstanding). KEF LS50's sounded amazing...until we switched over to the 705's.

Porcupine Tree on vinyl?

Edit: apparently I'm late to the party. ;)

Steven Wilson has been remixing the old PT albums and releasing them on vinyl--some have been pressed in clear, white and other colored vinyl.

burningshed.com has them if you can't find them in the US. Shipping from UK will add a bit to the cost, but mine have all arrived in fine condition.

No--they are the CM6 S2's which were recently replaced by the 705's. I heard the 705's last weekend and they sounded better than any other stand-mounter in the showroom (BW Diamond series notwithstanding). KEF LS50's sounded amazing...until we switched over to the 705's.

So is an upgrade in the works?
I love B&Ws myself. i have the first gen 705s and 685s doing home theater duty.

Back
Top Bottom