T+A Audio 1530 amplifier.

The local stores here have been a big help in this hobby to me, and especially at one the staff have become friends of mine. The image of the sneering, snooty, audio "salon" is certainly not in effect here, at least, not at the stores I go to. We have one of those, out of all of them, but its best to avoid it. Chicago is a great audio town. I'll have to get up to Cleveland, as I'm often in Akron (born and raised). That's where the Leben dealer is, IIRC. I wish we had a local place that was into that type of gear. We have a Naim dealer but that's the one I cannot stand going to. I've never had a less-than-miserable time there.

I hate snooty dealers and will avoid that crap at all costs. You'll find the Leben gear at Don Better Audio in Shaker Heights. It is by appointment only and is unique to any other audio place I have ever been. He has his showrooms in a beautiful century house. He is a real nice guy and I think you would love the gear he has on display. I lived in Akron for a few years (Tallmadge actually) so I know that area as well. Born and raised in Indianapolis myself, so as teens we used to road trip to Chicago a lot. I miss the pizza.

Listened to some gear tonight. Besides the Kef LS-50s that I previously mentioned, the other standout was form a German company called T+A audio. The T and A stand for something besides what we associate with T & A. Though it's about as nice.

It absolutely destroyed a big, gigantic, vintage Krell amp. I mean, just floored it, showed its heels, and its backside, and ran off laughing. Big open sound, excellent soundstage, no edge, no glare, no grain. Made the big old Krell sound like a grainy shrill 2-dimensional PA amp.

I liked it so much, I might borrow it from the store when I get back from a trip, to compare to some things here. Nothing comes in here anymore unless I can fund at least part of it, so there'd have to be a big improvement, and I'd have to sell a bunch of stuff to fund it. It would be a shootout with the Pass Aleph 30, which isn't going anywhere (still love that amp, and I actually doubt the T+A would beat it, but its worth a shot).

Being as I've been very open about how much I love the Aleph, why chase something else? Well, because I want a higher power option (as opposed to replacement) for when the mood strikes, that's all. I have that with the Accuphase I'm using, but that's here not to be cutting edge, but for convenience and looks. I have too many motives here!

Basically, speakers are dictating my amp choice. And they like more power than my taste in amps leans. So a conundrum. Or at least, a curiosity.

Old thread here; I loved my Aleph 3. My favorite amp. It is very interesting that you say T+A 1530 is very similar to Aleph 30/3. I may buy an T+A 1530 tomorrow from someone and your comments make me get it more now. Hopefully, I will be happy if I get it. I don’t have a chance to listen to it before I purchase it unfortunately.

My T + A has been in my stack for several months now, its really a phenomenal piece. They're pricey, but its rock solid and sounds superb. Its pushed my Wadia DAC out of my primary stack. I have it paired with a Spectral amp and my maggies.

20220503-102507.jpg

My T + A has been in my stack for several months now, its really a phenomenal piece. They're pricey, but its rock solid and sounds superb. Its pushed my Wadia DAC out of my primary stack. I have it paired with a Spectral amp and my maggies.

View attachment 2770129
Do you mean you use the receiver as a preamplifier? I wonder how the receiver sounds (I mean its amp section).

Back
Top Bottom