Tabasco Hat

The Family Reserve is definitely a different Tabasco. The wine vinegar adds a unique flavor and the pepper flavor seems a bit deeper and more rich than the standard stuff.

I wonder what their Sriracha Sauce tastes like?

03829-Large.jpg

$30 a bottle for the Tabasco Reserve. Whoo-wee.

It's $10/bottle directly from Tabasco.

It was $30, give or take, for two (5 oz) bottles plus shipping on my order. A bit pricey, but that 10oz of Tabasco will last me a lot longer than $30 up at the local microbrewery. LOL.

Just ordered 3 more bottles of this manna from Avery Island. $10 bucks a bottle is worth every dime it is that good. This time I ordered a bottle of their Habanero hot suace.

IMG_1269.JPG

Last edited:
The habanero stuff I can get a the local grocers, along with the green, chipotle, garlic pepper, and buffalo. I have not seen the sweet & spicy locally.

The Habanero sauce I have not seen locally the Sweet and spicy sucks. A Thai sweet Chili Sauce is so much better. Healthy Boy is my favorite. Just by it's self as a glaze on Chicken, pork ribs, shrimp, on a charcoal grill.

IMG_1276.JPG

I live 30 min from Avery Island....the Tabasco Plant is a great place to tour...and the Special reserve is $10 a bottle bought strait from the store here. Love the stuff!!!

Only after you take it off. :D

View attachment 925076

Hehe.

Point of trivia. I'm given to understand that the Tabasco factory has to replace their fork trucks every so often, not because they wear out. But because they corode from the caustic vapors.
I'd guess that it's the vinegar. The chiles, while basic, aren't THAT basic.
BTW, that vinegar comes from Houston in big tanker trucks and does not smell or taste like any other vinegar that I know of. It smells EXACTLY like finished Tabasco sauce. I tasted it where it was dripping from the 6" fire hose that connected the building to the trucks.

I've seen it here too. The fire roasted habanero and garlic looks worth a try.

The Cholula brand Chili Garlic is pretty tasty too as is the original.
The original Cholula is one of my favorites. I've never been too much into Tabasco.

Plus Tabasco is stored and aged in a salt mine. It's where they get the salt to pack their barrels while aging the mash. That probably doesn't help the fork trucks much either.

I understand that in Europe if you ask for hot sauce, after they look at you like you crawled out from under a rock, and if they gave any at all it will almost always be Tabasco sauce.

Back
Top Bottom