Tandberg TR 2045 Phono Stage Noise

Well, I think I have a partial explanation. As long as I have a turntable connected, I can start it up without any unpleasant noises! But, if I don't have anything plugged into the phono input, and the receiver is cold, it gives off an awful howl. Since I was using the turntable I usually have plugged into my system to test it, it wasn't always hooked up when I was testing it out. I've never encountered such a problem on an input without anything hooked up to it, but hey, I'll take it.

In any event, it's all back together and sounds fantastic. I'll post a couple pictures in a new thread. Thanks to everyone who offered their thoughts and assistance, and I guess I learned something new (after a few weeks of frustration...)

Dennis

Sounds like shorting plugs on the phono inputs might make a difference, so someone w/o a TT connected can use it - I'd give that a try.

John

Yeah, never had to do that one of mine either... but figured it would tell us something here & also possibly serve as a bandaid in case he doesn't want to get any deeper into tracking that down.

John

Back
Top Bottom