TapaTalk

smccrary

Low-Budget Collector
I have not been able to login through my Tapatalk App. I see items as if I were John Q. Public and not a member+subscriber.

My app is up to date and my account information is valid.

Anyone else have this issue?

-Scott

I've been able to get into the new AK on my phone real well.
I came in as a Subscriber yesterday using Safari on the iPhone
- I held the phone in Landscape mode and it was very nice.
I don't own or use Tapatalk.

Some other folks that used Tapatalk before said they don't need it now.

No flaming meant or implied - do you NEED to use Tapatalk?

Last edited:
Tapatalk is not used on the new forums. The forums scale to whatever device you are using. The only difference for me using a phone is turning it sideways so it is easier to read. This should improve even more once we install a new banner manager that will scale banners to whatever screen resolution you are using.

Tapatalk is not used on the new forums. The forums scale to whatever device you are using. The only difference for me using a phone is turning it sideways so it is easier to read. This should improve even more once we install a new banner manager that will scale banners to whatever screen resolution you are using.

The benefit to Tapatalk is more than aesthetic, its also about bandwidth/data usage.

Haha really? No flaming meant or implied - but do you live in the backwoods of Mississippi?
Obviously you are seeing snark tho I stated none was implied. No attitude, right?

Posted with my stinkin' iPhone 6S+

I did prefer to use Tapatalk as I am subscribed to multiple forums, non-audio related ones included. It just made it easier to go from one to the other on the fly.

Since I first posted I realized that I spent most of my Tapatalk time on AK anyway. I am still going to keep Tapatalk installed and will just have to get used to not accessing AK through that shortcut.

That being said. I do like the new format. It's much easier to read and navigate in Chrome compared to the old format, which is why I started using Tapatalk in the first place.

Bottom line: I like it and as soon as I get more time, I will learn how to use it.

Scott

I'm having the same issue with Tapatalk. It is convenient when traveling and you want to jump on the different forums. I hope there is a fix.

As a person who runs a forum (non audio) I can say that Tapatalk is a pile of crap. It might be great for the user but it opens a host of issues for a forum owner. Everyone is better without it weather they realize it or not JMO

As a person who runs a forum (non audio) I can say that Tapatalk is a pile of crap. It might be great for the user but it opens a host of issues for a forum owner. Everyone is better without it weather they realize it or not JMO
That seems to be a common sentiment among site owners. Apparently TT prevents forums from generating revenue via affiliate links, has security holes, lousy support, among other sins.

Back
Top Bottom