Target Selling Classic Vinyl Albums (Repros)!

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by jmiles1960, May 13, 2013.

1. jmiles1960

jmiles1960 Super Member

I was in my local Target store this evening and was shocked to find several 180g vinyl albums for sale: Pink Floyd, Steve Miller, etc... not many artists or much of a selection. Maybe 8 to 10. $28 - $30 a piece. Several of the early Beatles albums... Abby Road, Revolver, etc...

Surprised to see this in a Target store of all places!

I don't know much about these reproduction albums. Anyone have a comment regarding the quality?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. jsisk

jsisk Not 2 Old 2 Rock & Roll

I own a few of them, not from Target, but the same releases...

They did a great job on the Beatles remasters that I bought. (Abbey Road, Sgt Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour)

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here is excellent. (also bought DSOTM, but haven't opened it yet)

Steve Miller Band - Greatest Hits is a tough one. I bought it when it was first released back in the early 80's and like most complilations back then the mastering from track to track was very inconsistent due to the variances in the masters. One track will sound great and the next one not so much. The 180 gram version I just bought is the same. So if you like Steve Miller, but not enough to buy 5 or 6 albums, the greatest hits will do the trick. Just don't listen to it right after listening to Wish You Were Here, or you will be disappointed.