Teasers for the CBS Star Trek Series. Honestly not really interested

My problem with Star Trek started with Babylon 5. There was a real space opera. The first episode I watched was Deathwalker S1E9 Na'Toth an aid to the Narn Ambassador G’Kar spotted this lady coming into the station. She yelled YOU! and preceded to just about beat her to death, I remember thinking wow ‘‘this is no Star Trek.

Last edited:
Just checked out some stills from the series and the Klingons seem to be succumbing to DEVO's Theory of De-Evolution. They just keep making them more uglier with every new series. I hate to say I really did not care for the change of the Klingons appearance on The Next Generation and wish they kept them like they were in the original Star Trek. The Romulans were always my favorite Bad dudes on the original series.

Didn't even bother.

I first saw it advertised in about a 7 second spot one day and thought "Hmmm, wonder what this is all about? I haven't seen any posts or threads on AK about it...."
I did a little short research and saw that it was a new series and then saw the CBS streaming crap and thought "Naw, ain't happenin' here."

Anyway, like I said, I didn't bother - watched my weekly Columbo and I'm glad I did.

I could not even determine the time line on the series. Is this post TOS or a prequel. Most confusing. This needed Spock's easy to understand logic.

As I understand the timeline Star Trek Discovery takes place about 90 years after Star Trek Enterprise. The initial story arc is an explanation on how the Federation/Klingon conflict got started. I know this is a nitpick but doesn't the technology on the Discovery Enterprise look far more advanced than what was on the original Enterprise and it's Movie versions. Star Trek Enterprise did not make this mistake.

The dialogue was awful and lacked a single solid acting performance. The entire Klingon scene was embarrassingly bad; imagine introducing someone to the world (galaxy...universe..?) of Trek with this.

I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent. I just watched the first episode and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I get that it doesn't fit in to the Trek Time line but it must be very limiting to have to fit anything pre Kirk into a 1960's aesthetic, and the Klingons are a bit overdone, but as a whole I thought it worked well.

First episodes are usually a bit awkward until the actors find their characters, I thought this was actually a fairly smooth beginning, I also have read it doesn't really find it's groove until the second episode.

Now to figure out how to see the rest of it (legally), don't have Cable and am not interested in subscribing to another Streaming service. They should just put it on Amazon for $1.99 an episode like everyone else.

Hey
I didn't have a problem with it. I'm a sucker for any new Star Trek stuff. Will I pay to see anymore. Nope.I'll wait. Eric

Watching with my 10 year old daughter as I watched TOS with my parents, I’m not sure if that’s avoiding progress but we are enjoying it. The first two producing a good level of anticipation for the third and the 1st appearance of Discovery

Sub text T’Kuvma = Trump?

Watched it. Oh my God it is awful. I have watched every episode of every Star Trek that has ever been on TV and all of the Movies. This is the worst Star Trek I have ever seen. If this was a hook to get you to subscribe and watch it on CBS Access I have news for CBS. They should have hired the Star Trek Axanar crew to do their series. Oh and I just love the new Klingon look. The Klingons had developed into a believable alien race now they look like something out of a cheap Direct to DVD special. The Japanese in the 1960’s could do better.

View attachment 1011885

Axanar definitely looked like it had a clue.

Keeping an open mind knowing it's hard to set up a series, but so far I'm not hooked. I'll give it to episode 3 before deciding to bail or keep watching. The Klingons look vaguely like the monster in "Alien", so I suspect a long war with the Federation.

Back
Top Bottom