Techart Pro

Kim G

Anyone using one of these on their Sony? I've got one on order and can't wait to try it out. Looks to be a neat idea that makes you say "why didn't I think of that". Now to get some more lenses.............

Should be here in a couple of days, then will have to wait on adapters from China to get here.

Received my adapters in the mail yesterday. I had troubles out of the gate trying to update the firmware on the TAP adapter. Finally figured it out this afternoon and put on lens to try it out. Talk about disappointed. It maybe hit 10% focused, but soft. What a waste of time and money. Went inside and did some more reading and read that the firmware on the camera might be out of date so I checked mine - version 1.20, the current version is 3.20. I downloaded the new firmware and stuck on a different lens. Well let me say that it now lives up to the hype I had read. I am very pleased with my purchase, breathes new life into some of my manual focus lenses. Will spend some time with them over the next few days and see how they perform now. Color me impressed so far.

This was taken this afternoon with a Minolta 35-70 3.5 and TAP. This adapter is going to be a lot of fun.

I don't have any native lenses for my A7ii, I use manual focus legacy glass. Do you think this is worth the investment vs buying one prime native lens?
Great pics by the way.

Heavens yes. It isn't cheap with the adapters but a heck of a lot cheaper than native. I have a few legacy lenses and only 3 native Sonys. I do like the eye focus on the natives, wish I could get that with the Techart. That would be great as a firmware update of the adapter. Thanks for the compliment.

Just a heads up about the TAP adapter that I discovered when I left the camera untouched for a day. Apparently the TAP has a small electrical draw once the camera is turned off. I left my TAP on the camera for a day without touching the camera and found the battery dead when I tried to turn it on the next day. Supposedly taking the battery out of the camera, after turning it off, and reinserting it keeps the TAP from draining the battery. I haven't tried doing this yet so can't confirm that it works. I'll just be removing my TAP when not being used to prevent killing the battery.

Yes that is a known problem, I always flip the battery lid open and unseat the battery and close it back up and don't have that problem anymore.

Back
Top Bottom