Technics CD players

luoseno

Just picked up two Technics 110 Disc CD changers from Craigslist for $100. (SL-MC6) & (SL-MC7). The MC7 was new in box. I was skeptical but just could not resist. Had been looking for a CD changer so I guess $50/ea. I can't complain. Any thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? Anyone have any experience with this model?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0110[1].JPG
    IMG_0110[1].JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0107[2].JPG
    IMG_0107[2].JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 73
There are many, many of those units out there. I've had a couple of each, and gave them away to friends. Well, I guess I still have one on the shelf in the baasement.

I simply cannot tolerate the noise of them switching CD's. I like to play on random and for me, these simply weren't an option. But my friends enjoy them very much and one has two in operation for his discs. Seems to me that they work forever, I've never had one fail.

Really, a good value for the right people. Can't comment on sound - I just don't remember.

Not really that loud,I have one. But it's certainly not quiet... Dare I say,kinda reminds of a Garrard 401 TT with it's clunking noise.

I personally love the sound of them changing discs. Then again, I'm a jukebox fan, and the sound reminds me of a 45 being switched on a wurlitzer.

I had a Technics CD changer once. I think it lasted less than a year with moderate use. I concluded it was not one of Technics' better efforts. Since then, I used single-disc CD players exclusively.

Wow, 2 years ago and I'm just now hooking up the MC7 ! It is loud when changing but It's a wonderful machine! Pulled it out of storage, made a temporary listening station - Onkyo A9010 + JBL Control 2P . (those tiny speakers are awesome) A few years back this record store where I was a regular, went out of business, they gave me a stack of about 80 or 90 Jazz CDs without cases, I put those in the MC7. I'll hook up the MC6 with mixed genres. I need a serious speaker upgrade tho......

Hello, Anybody in here??
OK 4 years later I'm realizing I overpaid haha
The MC7 has been going great but the MC6 is DOA
Anyone have any info on how to repair this thing?

Fairly simple to operate and repair if still interested in 2021. Belt to motor is a primary concern, melted, stretched or otherwise in bad shape. Loose and stuck/jammed disks etc., are also likely problem basics.

@luoseno I am happy with my multiple single and multiplayer technics. I have a SL-MC409 and a SL-MC7 to go along with my dual Sony DVP-CX985V's in the audio stack with the pro series 9000...dang that sounds nice.

Back
Top Bottom