Technics relaunch

Technics has never made any high end speakers...

They haven't?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• sb-10000.JPG
    sb-10000.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 448
  • sb-e100.JPG
    sb-e100.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 447
Now what about these?

tumblr_nbe35uBzcF1rsaljno1_1280.jpg

You gotta hear this....

22k USD

For sale here

The price is high end at least.

This article indicates that the 40K price is for the whole reference system. Given that the prices for the Premium system list it with and without the CD player, I would say their price info is most likely accurate.

Sorry, you are right. My first source was wrong. 40,000 Euro is the price for the Pre-amp/network audio + power amplifier + speakers.

Is that 40,000 or 4,000 euro?

There were presented two systems, one for 40,000 Euro and one for 4,000 Euro.

Sorry, you are right. My first source was wrong. 40,000 Euro is the price for the Pre-amp/network audio + power amplifier + speakers.

That we can discuss a possible 40k price tag for a stereo amp without batting an eye says about how extreme some of the pricing has become.

Before anyone piles on: I'm not making any value judgments, decrying the lack of affordable gear, pining for a simpler time, or anything else. I'm just stating that the prices for high-end gear can get REALLY high.

I do wonder, however, what market research is pushing so many of the mainstream companies to start releasing higher-quality 2-channel gear. Sony, Yamaha, and now Panasonic/Technics. I'm not complaining, as the end result is good for us, but I do wonder what the business analysts at these companies are seeing and saying.

....releasing higher-quality 2-channel gear....... I do wonder what the business analysts at these companies are seeing and saying.

Maybe that we only have two ears :) so all we need is STEREO.

(Yes, in theory the more channel the better but then, how many channels do we need ?)

Just Dave, I have no idea, and I didn't see your posting about my post regarding SAE. I do find it interesting to see this revival of some of the good old school companies, even if some of them are a totally different company today(most are).

The latest Yamaha stuff, the new Sony and now the Technics is very cool. Oh and Onkyo too. Sometimes I wish I had extra money to just buy some of this stuff and put it away for a good while, break it out for a listen now and then.

Really? There's nothing in there that your kids couldn't catch at 7pm on Americas Funniest Home Videos.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

But will they produce the SL-700 (7-inch variant of the 1200 tt) which has only appeared in prototype form???

sl-700_stokyo1-1024x676.jpg

jm: Can't stop looking at that thing - it's just so darn cute...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

These are things from the past they are proud of, we will not see those in production again.

I am excited.... Around 50kg I've heard that SE-R1. Dual mono and symmetric build I hope they have put in the best... Big Xfmrs, cappies and output stage.

Would like to see the return of synchro bias

A spec sheet I just saw stated 55KG...now we're talkin'.

Back
Top Bottom