Technics relaunch

I believe the odds of them re-introducing the SL-1200 now are looking more favorable.

I just watched the youtube wannabe viral promotional clip, I'm too old and sarcastic to believe everything they dish me out, but SUPPOSE it is true they really want to revolutionize the modern day music experience, well, then I would be proud of my favorite brand.

Yes, then perhaps, one day, there'd be room for another Technics record player, but I do not think it would resemble anything we know from them. How could an innovative brand ever grab back on the past (too much) when launching a new product? First we would get something different (and hopefully spectacular) and then maybe, really maybe, one day there might be a replica-ish kind of thing resembling (of course) the most likely candidate, being the 1210. Since, didn't VW, BMW/Mini and Fiat do the same, the latter two very succesfully?

Too bad radio is rubbish nowadays, I wouldn't have mind seeing the SA-1000 rising from the ashes :).

I just watched the youtube wannabe viral promotional clip, I'm too old and sarcastic to believe everything they dish me out, but SUPPOSE it is true they really want to revolutionize the modern day music experience, well, then I would be proud of my favorite brand.

Yes, then perhaps, one day, there'd be room for another Technics record player, but I do not think it would resemble anything we know from them. How could an innovative brand ever grab back on the past (too much) when launching a new product? First we would get something different (and hopefully spectacular) and then maybe, really maybe, one day there might be a replica-ish kind of thing resembling (of course) the most likely candidate, being the 1210. Since, didn't VW, BMW/Mini and Fiat do the same, the latter two very succesfully?

Too bad radio is rubbish nowadays, I wouldn't have mind seeing the SA-1000 rising from the ashes :).

Chevy Dodge and Ford too.

Technics SU-C700

Will the SL-1200 return as well??

I don't know, maybe there will be a new/different model.
The NEW DIGITAL amplifier, the Technics SU-C700 has PHONO input

Technics%2520SU-C700%2520phono.jpg

That slide is awesome - totally proud to have some of those things! (SB-7000's and SE-A3) - I love that they are proud of their heritage.

TOTL Technics stuff was always amazing - glad to see them back.

RK

:banana::rockon::yippy:

This is awesome news of Technics return. I like the network player. I could play my high res pc files and save space having DVA-A players about the house.

It would be nice if there were parts for the old models, but I doubt that would be viable for Panasonic. Look awesome the new offerings.:thmbsp: Maybe some other components might be added like turntable:D

Great news,but it's gonna cost big time... looks like they're trying to takeaway a little market share from the likes of Accuphase... certainly isn't the Technics of old.

Last edited:
Sonci, have you had a listen to it then? If not, might actually wait and see-or hear. Either way, I think it is good to see some of the old brands/badges back. Might not all be perfect, but it is a start.

Sonci, have you had a listen to it then? If not, might actually wait and see-or hear. Either way, I think it is good to see some of the old brands/badges back. Might not all be perfect, but it is a start.

You may be right, but rarely I've read such a pessimistic review.."There’s a real lack of energy in the Technics’ performance, with poor rhythmic drive that often leaves it sounding confused and disorganised.
Read more at http://www.whathifi.com/technics/su-c700/review#b15T2JdXeRm9P6uY.99
", probably this LAPC thing needs time to get going,
IMO they're just using the name, there's nothing Technics in 1600$ amplifier with mediocre sound.

Could be, but I take any review with a grain of salt, especially from Whatisahifi rag. I do think that with revived brands, there will always be talks of the "new" product not being what the old "real" brand was. Proof is always in the listening on your own setup though.

Youse guyses know what's going to happen ultimately, right? Matsushita is going to contract with Hanpin to make a Technics-branded "Super OEM" DD turntable! :)

Youse guyses know what's going to happen ultimately, right? Matsushita is going to contract with Hanpin to make a Technics-branded "Super OEM" DD turntable! :)

I can see this outcome on the horizon, too, billed as "THE RETURN OF THE LEGEND" or some such nonsense.

On the other hand, the internet teeth-gnashing, both on AK and abroad, will be epic...

Back
Top Bottom