Technics sa-5360

gdubois

Greetings and salutations. I have a dumb question. Picked up a technics sa-5360 and it looks like technics used a cheap metal on the speaker terminal - the claw type to lock in spade connecters. Rust appears is too deep to dab with a chemical, it needs to be soaked and scrubbed (unless anyone has a suggested chemical that won't harm the surrounding area) .here's the dumb question: what's the easiest way to get these screw terminals off without cutting them out? And could anyone suggest a replacement if these do require marring for removal? It functions fine with the rust, just bothers me to look at. I tried tugging on the plastic not sure if it's anchored or just glued but wasn't budging. Thanks for any suggestions...

Attachments

• 15289142813501186814586.jpg
    15289142813501186814586.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 1528914338313830755462.jpg
    1528914338313830755462.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Yeah, I have a Technics and those terminals are terrible. I used CRC brake cleaner and one of those little wire brushes (about the same size as a toothbrush). With the terminal screwed all the way out it was enough space to get in there. That was a couple years ago though; I pulled the receiver out yesterday and they're rusty again.

Yeah, I have a Technics and those terminals are terrible. I used CRC brake cleaner and one of those little wire brushes (about the same size as a toothbrush). With the terminal screwed all the way out it was enough space to get in there. That was a couple years ago though; I pulled the receiver out yesterday and they're rusty again.
Ah, thanks for the info. Looks like it's going to be an ongoing issue, I think I'll look into replacements, maybe banana plug posts. Aside from the cheapo metal on the posts, technics did nice job building this unit with easy accessibility to lamps, fuses, and circuit board.

Back
Top Bottom