Technics SL-P1300 spinning issue

warhorse

so this beast of a cd player seems to not want to spin any discs.
however...when I manually help it along (me physically assisting in the spinning of the cd) the cd then starts playing. All the tracks no issue.
Now even when I stop the cd and restart no problem. The problem arises when I release the lid contacts simulating opening of the lid and when I close the circuit (closing the lid), everything needs too be repeated.
The laser works fine

Any ideas?
Thanks

Needs a spindle motor. you might get away with replacing the spindle motor driver transistor with a really hefty one, but most newer units use an IC and its internal current limiting is hard or impossible to defeat, unless you use a bufer that you'll have to homebrew.

There are only so many different spindle motors out there. Get the numbers off the motor itself and see if Google comes up with anything. Also, with make and model you might find a parts unit on fleabay or something.

Usually the problem starts with the hinged door. There is a micro switch to the left edge and a metal foil on a probe on the cover. These two should properly meet for the deck to recognize a closed door.

Check if pressing the door a bit on the left side activates the spindle. If it does the problem is there. If not then it could be a worn motor.

the motor is a direct drive...similar to that of the 1200 turntable. Really cool design,

I can mimic the door closing by making contact with the 3 little prongs on the left.
once that happens, the motor seems to nudge the cd but thats it. if I help it by spinning the cd in the tray, you hear the laser picking up the tracks and then all is good.
it's that initial start up (or lack there of) that has me stumped.

Hi,

this is an easy one.

There are 2 surface mount capacitors on the spindle motor. these are bad.

replacing surface mounts isn't for everyone.... if you need help, I can fix it for you.

Marc

Hi,

this is an easy one.

replacing surface mounts isn't for everyone.... if you need help, I can fix it for you.

Marc

This is interesting to me. I have 2 X TECHNICS SL-P1300 with the same problem.

May I discuss this with you?

Hi,

this is an easy one.

Marc

Super old thread here, I know, but just wanted to confirm that this is the fix for the spindle motor issue. Replaced the smd caps with Nichicon normal types and the beast came to life!

It's never too late to say thank you, right?

Adrian.

Super old thread here, I know, but just wanted to confirm that this is the fix for the spindle motor issue. Replaced the smd caps with Nichicon normal types and the beast came to life!

It's never too late to say thank you, right?

Adrian.

Sorry to revive this old thread. I also have the exact same issue. I'm trying to buy some Nichicon 33 uF Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitor 24VDC SMD and 1 uF 50VDC SMD on Mouser website.

They have several of these Nichicon but what exactly do you mean by "normal types"? Would you be able to specify which ones would work? This Mouser site has several with slightly different diameter and length and they have 1K,2K and 5K hours for lifetime expectancy. Not sure if any of that really matters. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom