Technics SL-QD2 Turntable Question

tbird1

Okay, I just bought this from someone and am wondering, does the strobe and power light stay on all the time or should the Stop button power it down?
They stay on when the TT is off.

In my Denon and Pioneer TT´s they are off when the unit is off.

Not really sure about Technics, but I would guess they should be the same.

Jorge

Okay, I just bought this from someone and am wondering, does the strobe and power light stay on all the time or should the Stop button power it down?

Not a good thing with all the technics tables I've used or owned the lights go out.

Isn't the POWER switch on the lower left front corner, and don't you have to slide this switch to the right to turn on the table? I think pressing the stop button during play merely raises the tonearm, returns it to the rest, and stops the platter from turning. I think you still need to slide the power switch to off to completely turn off the power. Although I could be wrong...

When I get home I will check for that power switch in that location.
thanks

Isn't the POWER switch on the lower left front corner, and don't you have to slide this switch to the right to turn on the table? I think pressing the stop button during play merely raises the tonearm, returns it to the rest, and stops the platter from turning. I think you still need to slide the power switch to off to completely turn off the power. Although I could be wrong...

When I get home I will check for that power switch in that location.
thanks

As I said, I COULD be wrong. But ALL the Technics tables I've personally owned have a separate power switch, in addition to the stop button. Although I've only owned 5 different ones, out of the hundreds (?) of different models they made.:scratch2:

Edit: Here's a link to a video on youtube. Looks like a power switch being turned on right at the beginning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LnaoI7CzUw&feature=related

you are correct in this

Okay everyone thanks for the input. Here it tis. It is the standby position (middle) on the speed slide. Left is 33, right is 45.

i've got an sl-d202

it has a power button. the strobe light burns as long as the power is on, regardless of the platter or arm operation.

Okay everyone thanks for the input. Here it tis. It is the standby position (middle) on the speed slide. Left is 33, right is 45.

So I WAS wrong. Sorry about that. I said it was a guess.:yes:

Does setting the speed switch to neutral (standby) turn off the power? In the video I linked to, it appeared that the strobe was off when the switch was set to the middle.

I have a SL-QD3 which is the full automatic version of your SL-QD2. The strobe will stay on all the time regardless of platter operation until the speed selector switch is set to the off (middle) position. That will power down the electronics.

Ditto, except it is labeled "standby" on the QD2. Misleading enough to change it to off on the QD3 I suppose.

I have a SL-QD3 which is the full automatic version of your SL-QD2. The strobe will stay on all the time regardless of platter operation until the speed selector switch is set to the off (middle) position. That will power down the electronics.

Back
Top Bottom